• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Bad neighbor of the week 5/14/03

kms

Cyburbian
I'm surprised the Chinese restaurants didn't buy it and use it anyway. Sorry, Chinese restaurant owners.

Some coworkers began their careers as restaurant inspectors. They have some gross stories. One really likes to eat in restaurants, and I asked him how he could eat out, knowing what he knows about what happens in the kitchens. His recommendation - don't order anything that has been marinated.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
In the last City I worked in, a Chinese restaurant (now out of business) was cited for keeping a pigeon coop in the back of their restaurant. Thankfully I never ate there.

Our City Administrator will share tidbits from the health department inspections and I adjust my eating habits accordingly.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Repo Man said:
Our City Administrator will share tidbits from the health department inspections and I adjust my eating habits accordingly.

,,,reminds of my high school days spending summers as a third shift bus boy. One night a cook caught a rat by the dumpster. Problem was, he used two deep fryer baskets to catch it, then didnt know what to do with the darned thing.
So.... you guessed it - deep fried it alive. That place went out of business years ago, thankfully....