• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Bah Humbug!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I can't believe the rapscallion of Santa Poco pulled such a wonderful thread...

:-{

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I didn't delete it! Unfortunately, once it's gone, it's gone! Backups are weekly, so I didn't have a chance to save the thread I think is missing.

However, I did create the following wav file in memory of one of the more memorable posts.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
cries

you killed it, you killed my thread!

thinks she should do something else before she gets devious

Dan said:
I didn't delete it! Unfortunately, once it's gone, it's gone! Backups are weekly, so I didn't have a chance to save the thread I think is missing.

However, I did create the following wav file in memory of one of the more memorable posts.
Was that the Hitler LP?

el Guapo

Capitalist
Guap made a mistake in the prior thread and pulled a CYA for career purposes. He apologizes to all. He promises to think before he posts again. And this is the last apology. I'm not going on BET.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Yeah, but...

I only read about the thread going to be pulled after I wrote an entire chapter of "College Hijinx" by Yours Truly...

Oh well, at least a couple people got to read it. And it was, I assure you, disgusting.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: Yeah, but...

Mastiff said:
Oh well, at least a couple people got to read it. And it was, I assure you, disgusting.
Killing that post was the hardest part because you truly out did yourself. You won - no question. Mea Culpa

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Yeah, but...

Mastiff said:
I only read about the thread going to be pulled after I wrote an entire chapter of "College Hijinx" by Yours Truly...

Yeah, that was pretty nasty. Eww.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Yeah, but...

nerudite said:

Yeah, that was pretty nasty. Eww.

But if you'd been there... watching those poor saps slipping about, you'd have been laughing your butt off, too.

Just so you know, in case I were to magically make it to Denver, I have so many of those stories... I was a real out of hand kind of guy back in the day.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Yeah, but...

Mastiff said:

But if you'd been there... watching those poor saps slipping about, you'd have been laughing your butt off, too.

Just so you know, in case I were to magically make it to Denver, I have so many of those stories... I was a real out of hand kind of guy back in the day.
I'm not saying it wasn't funny... because I'm sure I would have laughed my ass off too... but, it's still gross. A lot of things that are gross are funny. We'll just think of you as the planner version of Tom Green.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah, but...

nerudite said:

We'll just think of you as the planner version of Tom Green.
I'm more of a Dennis Miller / Jimmy Kimmel cross... If you can be well spoken and crass at the same time, no one knows WHAT to make of you.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah, but...

Mastiff said:

I'm more of a Dennis Miller / Jimmy Kimmel cross... If you can be well spoken and crass at the same time, no one knows WHAT to make of you.
If you threw Denis Leary and Steven Wright in there then you would be a combination of my favorite comedians. I wouldn't even mind the girls on trampolines.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah, but...

nerudite said:

If you threw Denis Leary and Steven Wright in there then you would be a combination of my favorite comedians. I wouldn't even mind the girls on trampolines.
Leary is great... but I can't ever get that razor sharp sarcasm down without laughing. I saw him on a show last night, where comedians do a "Politically Incorrect" type show. And The Ref? Oh man that's gets me howling. I like Kevin Spacey, too...

"Excuse me! Excuse me! I believe the corpse has the floor!"

What a great Christmas movie.

BTW... You can't do Wright bits without being him. It's just impossible.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yeah, but...

Mastiff said:

BTW... You can't do Wright bits without being him. It's just impossible.
Indeed! He is definitely one of a kind!

Keep working on the Leary edginess, and you may have something though. ;)