• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Be it resolved - Redux

SGB

Cyburbian
Anyone remember their 2003 Resolutions?

'Fess up. Share your successes and failures. I'll start:

: a) lose at least 10 lbs., and b) save my gums by ending tobacco use.
a) failed miserably
b) Success! (Thus far.....)

The Irish One

I'm going to learn how to make 10 vegetarian meals -wish me luck! or advice.

Ride my bike more.

Hike on the hills around my house more.

camp more (not an advertisement)

Eat less meat.

buy a new classical guitar (a cheapy) and learn new scales and chords.
Didn't buy a new classical because I'm able to fix the one I have and I'm not informed enought to buy a good one, and I want a good Classical. Everything else I did. and this year I'm doing more of the same!

b) Success! (Thus far.....)
Congrats!

donk

Cyburbian
I did ok,

I lost 15 pounds or so, (most in the last month) down to 190 . Goal was 25, but I knew that would never happen. When I weigh less than 180 I feel really weak and tired.

I am actively job hunting(0 for 12 but actively seekign something new) and had a few dates this year. Goal was to not complain or speak ill of things I am not actively trying to change.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
NHPlanner said:
After today....no more Kodiak......
Failed miserably.....had quit for a while....but started in earnest again when my marriage fell apart.

On a good note, I'm slowly reducing use, and hope to accomplish my quitting this year, now that the divorce is behind me.....

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Pheeew... I didn't say anything....
I would've probably said something like:
Study hard and have a good year in Architecture...

That would be a resolution that didn't last not even half a year! :p