• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Beavis & Butthead issue an RFP

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I couldnt make this up.

I love my immaturity and you can't have it! ;)

EDIT: My favorite quote: The Corridor Study, through the implementation of the recommended improvements, will establish a "Wow!" factor for all visitors using the Big Beaver Corridor.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Hey, I think Primus have done extensive research into big brown beavers. They subcontracted some of the work to Wynona ---- um, I forget her last name.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Will vegetation in the Corridor remain in its natural state, or will it be cut and groomed?

Will a Feasibility Determination Study (FDS) be required?

Access management will be an issue, with all the traffic going in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out.

Will this be a project that involves a strictly inside-the-box approach?

Can Hershey Road be used as a bypass?

WE MUST HAVE ANSWERS!

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
Will a rear-entry study be needed to determine the possibility of alternative entries from the alley?

boiker

Cyburbian
I'm more concerned about what precautionary measures could be taken to avoid accidents on the thoroughfare.

Will there be proper grading and drainage for the streets as to prevent unecessary slippery slopes or wet spots?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
A few more issues I thought of ...

Will there be any connectivity with the Woodward Corridor?

How about following Richard Florida's advice by attracting lesbians to the area?

What's better ... a wide corridor that can accomodate big rigs, or a narrow corridor that feels more comfortable and intimate?

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Will parking be allowed and will it be diagonal or perpendicular?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
RichmondJake said:
Will parking be allowed and will it be diagonal or perpendicular?
If they follow an Asian-inspired design theme, perpendicular is most likely. If it's a European design theme, it'll probably be parallell.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Will a Environmental Impact Review be done to determine the effects of overflow discharges during certian times of the month?

boiker

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Will a Environmental Impact Review be done to determine the effects of overflow discharges during certian times of the month?
Rumpy, if it is a predictible occurance, I'm sure that the roadway's management team has already taken appropriate steps to alleviate or control the problem.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Will require a SPDES permit for certain.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Is National APA membership so damn costly because of such wonderful services such as RFP and RFQ notices? ;-)

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
boiker said:
Rumpy, if it is a predictible occurance, I'm sure that the roadway's management team has already taken appropriate steps to alleviate or control the problem.
Yes boiker, but sometimes it can be spotty and late;)

tsc

Cyburbian
"WOW" "Whip-em Out Wednesday" was a stunt by local radio host in our area, Opus and Andy... fired for being worse than Howard Stern...

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Ahhhhhhh...the Great "Big Beaver Road" jokes.

Troy, MI should have just stuck with the name "16 Mile Road".

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Here's a monument in Canada, to a big beaver having its way with some wood.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Such plans are a mainstay of traditional retail neighborhood revitalization. Whatever they decide to do, it is nice that they mean to make it "exciting, unique, inviting, engaging, and safe." These improvements should help increase traffic to the area for maximum market penetration.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
[mock disdain]

Good lord people! I make one off color post and look at how low you stoop! Tuna and budgie, I expected it from but Planderella and Boiker? No wonder the likes of Nancy Anderson dont post here any more!

[/mock disdain]

EDIT: And with this post I joined Dan in the 6000 clube!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Those replies:
very good indeed! You're wicked, you are, eh? Wicked, eh? Ho-ho-ho! Whoa! Wicked! Say no more!
Monty Python

made me laugh so hard they brought tears.

Last edited: