• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Beer... giving planners a smile since 1829

el Guapo

Capitalist
Rem said:
Sorry I've only ever had US Beers imported in cans and they probably haven't travelled well or been handled well as they tend to be not so good.
Nope, that is normal for big production house American beer in cans. As they say they are like making love in a canoe. ;)

Maroon

Cyburbian
Duke Of Dystopia said:
Just out of curiousity, what was it that made it better than a czech pilsner. body, texture, color, sweatness, bitterness? I am interested to know what your flavor profile for that decision is.
Well, clearly I'm not as sophisticated a beer drinker as many people on this board, but I found a sweet spiciness in this beer quite enjoyable. Here's a review from Beer.com:

Appearance:
Dull golden hued with a thin yet bubbly white lace.

Smell:
Spicy sweet saaz hops on the nose,touch of malt and grain also.

Taste:
Medium-bodied with a profound, deep malt mouthfeel and flavor that seems to be everlasting. Good dose of spicy sweet saaz hop bitterness with a slight oil flavor that lingers far into the finish, with a handful of grain in the end.

Notes:
Quite a robust pils-a bit more full-bodied compared to other pilsners. Could be a little more crisp-an enjoyable and interesting brew. 4.2 percent abv.