• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Best Development Line of the DAY!

Queen B

Cyburbian
Small piece of property by railroad tracks. No entrance. In the floodplain. Man wants get an entrance, to put in fill dirt. For what reason I ask.

Because he has HOBO's staying down in there!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
We had one, many years ago, who illegally cleared a bunch of trees. His excuse: he kept finding used condoms on the site, and wanted the sheriff's deputies to be able to see into the property more easily.

Habanero

Cyburbian
A vet office said they shouldn't have to park at the required ratio "due to the fact not many animals will be driving to the clinic".. I asked them to identify which animals would be driving in my comments. :p

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
How about - a subdivision lot in the Floodway that would need a culvert to access it.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
We had one, many years ago, who illegally cleared a bunch of trees. His excuse: he kept finding used condoms on the site, and wanted the sheriff's deputies to be able to see into the property more easily.
That's actually not the worst excuse I've ever heard... and I've heard that one *a lot* in Washington. :)