• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Best Movie Line

kms

Cyburbian
My all time favorite movie line is ; "but Daddy says I'm the best."

el Guapo

Capitalist
Danny I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. I didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it too them. - Judge Smells

Tom R

Cyburbian
quotes

"I've been in the private sector. They want results."

or

"sayin' its your job don't make it right, Boss."

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
El Guapo said:
Danny I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. I didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it too them. - Judge Smells

" I don't think the heavy stuff is going to come down for quite a while"

Carl

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The Outlaw Josie Wales had a few good lines. Another favorite is "I don't want to kill you, and you don't want to be dead."

Budgie

Cyburbian
Josie Wales

To the bounty hunter:

"Dying ain't much of a living boy."

To the peddler:

"How's it on stains."

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
My favorite lines are:

"And you friendless, helpless, hopeless, do you want me to send you back to where you were, unemployed in Greenland?"

and

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."
Both are from the Princess Bride.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Quote from MST3k the Movie:
Exeter(Character from the original movie) : They're magnetized (pointing to some handles)
Crow (From MST3k) : And if your hands were metal, that would mean something!

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
"There wasn't much to do, all the bowling alleys had been wrecked. So's I spent most of my time looking for beer."

Rick Moranis as Bob Mackenzie in Strange Brew

RedsFan

BANNED
Re: quotes

Tom R said:
"I've been in the private sector. They want results."
Good one, Tom. I love Ghostbusters. Another good one is:

"Don't worry Ray, everybody has 3 mortgages nowadays."

or what happens when you cross the streams:

"total protonic reversal"

Tom R

Cyburbian
groucho

If I didn't recognize your voice, I'd have sworn I had said that."

nerudite

Cyburbian
From "Barcelona"

Ted: Spanish girls tend to be really promiscuous.
Fred: You're such a prig.
Ted: No, I wasn't using "promiscuous" pejoratively. It's just a fact. They have completely different attitudes toward sex.
Fred: Well, I wasn't using "prig" pejoratively.

Quote #2 from Barcelona:

Woman: You can't say Americans are not more violent than other people.
Fred: No.
Woman: All those people killed in shootings in America?
Fred: Oh, shootings, yes. But that doesn't mean Americans are more violent than other people. We're just better shots.

NHPlanner

Staff member
There are just too many from Caddyshack:

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

I was born to love you. I was born to lick your face. I was born to rub you. But you were born to rub me first.

You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body.

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one---big hitter, the Lama---long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Sandy: Carl I want you to kill all the gophers on the golf course
Carl: Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key.
Sandy: Not golfers, you great fool! Gophers, rodents! THE LITTLE BROWN, FURRY THINGS!
Carl: We can do that. We don't even need a reason

Jeff

Cyburbian
To go with the themes of the day...

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning, that acrid, sulfur smell. It smells like....victory."

Tom R

Cyburbian
Rick

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world and she had to come to this one."

"What we have here...is failure to communicate."

"Plastics." (My nominee for best single word one liner.)

Q. "Where do those stairs go?"

A. "They go up."

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Airplane is full of them

"I'm not joking. And shop calling me Shirley."

"Johnny! What can you make of this weather report!?"
"OOOH! A hat, or a broach, or a pterodactyl!"

Repo Man

Cyburbian
"You spend the first nine months of your life trying to get out and the rest of your life trying to get back in."

-John Travolta's character in Look Who's Talking

"You know, there's a million fine-looking women in the world, but they don't all bring you lasagna at work, most of them just cheat on you."

-Silent Bob in "Clerks"

Blazing Saddles has a ton of awesome quotes, many of which cannot be posted here.

NHPlanner

Staff member
prudence said:
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Another one of my favorites (and another post closer to the 2000 clube)...my other fave quotes from Animal House:

Katy: Boon, I think I'm in love with a retard.
Boon: Is he bigger than me?

Otter: Let me give you a hint. She's got a couple of major-league yabbos.
Boon: Norma!
Otter: No. But you're getting warmer. Here's another: "Oh God, Oh God, OH GOD!"
Boon: Marlene! You're gonna pork Marlene Desmond!
Otter: Pork?
Boon: You're gonna hump her brains out, aren't you?
Otter: Boon, I anticipate a deeply religious experience.

Boon: Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude.

Bluto: Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the f***ing Peace Corps.

Tom R

Cyburbian
bs

jtfortin said:
"You spend the first nine months of your life trying to get out and the rest of your life trying to get back in."

-John Travolta's character in Look Who's Talking

"You know, there's a million fine-looking women in the world, but they don't all bring you lasagna at work, most of them just cheat on you."

-Silent Bob in "Clerks"

Blazing Saddles has a ton of awesome quotes, many of which cannot be posted here.
"Where's da white wimmin?"

NHPlanner

Staff member
Blazing Saddles....

Excuse me while I whip this out....

donk

Cyburbian
I second the blazing saddles comment.

Highway 61(source of my current avatar) has some pretty good lines in it to. My favourite is when Bangs tries to cross the border and Jello Biafra is the customs agents looks at her criminal record and says

I see here you've been charged with possession of illegal substances, public intoxication, public nudity, and lewd behavior. Would you want a person like that entering your home?

Bangs - it all depends on what he looks like.

Biafra - just promise to behave yourself, welcome to the USA.

That is as well as I can remember it.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
My all time favorite from Blazing Saddles:

Charlie: "They said you were hung."

Sherrif Bart: "And they were right"

Glomer

"Lesbian Nazi Hooker, abducted by UFO's and forced into weight loss programs......next on Geraldo"

nerudite

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Blazing Saddles....

Excuse me while I whip this out....
LOL... okay... this will show what a geek I am/was... I used to have this as a .wav file (with the scream and all) and it would let me know when my new e-mail arrived.

Yeah I know... geek. I haven't done anything like that to my computer at this job yet... probably because I'm spending too much time on here. ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
jtfortin said:
Oh yeah? You don't appreciate how little good tast some of us have. ;)

- "Sir. Sir. He specifically requested two n*****s. Well, to tell a family secret, my grandmother was Dutch."

- (to the KKK members) "Hey boys. Look what I got here."
"Hey, where the white women at?"

- Under the provisions of this bill we would snatch 200,00 acres of Indian territory, which we have deemed unsafe for their use at this time. They're such children.

- "Holy underware! Sheriff murdered! Innocent women and children blown to bits! We've got to protect our phony baloney jobs, gentlemen. We must do something about this, immediately, immediately, immediately!"
"Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph! Harrumph!"
"I didn't get a 'harrumph' out of that guy!"
"Give the governor harrumph!"
"Harrumph!"
"You watch your ass."

- "My mind is aglow with whirling transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
"Ditto!"

- "I know how we can run everybody out of Rock Ridge."
"How?"
"We'll kill the first born male child in every household!"
"Too Jewish."

- "Gentlemen, please rest your sphincters."

- "I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. Take this down. I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, half-wits, dim-wits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, .. muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thiefs, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, shit kickers, and Methodists!"

- "You've gotta remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the New West. You know ... morons."

- "All right. We'll give some land .. to the n*****s and the chinks, but we DON'T want the Irish."

Is there a prejudice that was not satirized by this movie? Hilarious, and one of my all-time favorites.

NHPlanner

Staff member
nerudite said:

LOL... okay... this will show what a geek I am/was... I used to have this as a .wav file (with the scream and all) and it would let me know when my new e-mail arrived.

Yeah I know... geek. I haven't done anything like that to my computer at this job yet... probably because I'm spending too much time on here. ;)
Not out of the ordinary for me....I have a wav from Holy Grail for my e-mail alerts....

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The Blues Brothers. So many great lines.

"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved."

"I hate Illinois Nazis."

"How much for the little girl? The women, how much for the women? Your women, I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters. Sell them to me. Sell me your childrens."

"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Blues Mobile or what?
Fix the cigarette lighter."

"We got both kinds ... country and western."

"I ran out of gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn't my fault, I swear to God!"

"It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it!"

"Pier One imports ..."

el Guapo

Capitalist
Full Metal Jacket meets Raising Arizona
(Not for loud play at work or at any NOW function.)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I almost forgot on of my all time favorite movie quotes from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation:

"I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane, with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here with a big ribbon on his head. And, I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, floor-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey sh** he is! Hallelujah! Holly Sh**! Where's the Tylenol?"

-Clark W. Griswold

donk

Cyburbian
Another Blazing Saddles one

HEDLEY LAMARR: Qualifications?
OUTLAW: Rape, murder, arson and rape.
HEDLEY LAMARR: You said rape twice.
OUTLAW: I like rape.

For Bturk and Mike D. from Slapstick, hope I got it right, from my hazy memory.

"They're a bunch of Kansas City faggots".

or about the Hansen Brothers

Don't put them in the box they'll play with themseleves.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Three Quotes From Metropolitan:

"The acid test is whether you take any pleasure in responding to the question "What do you do?" I can't bear it. "

"Playing strip poker with an exhibitionist somehow takes the challenge away. "

"I've always planned to be a failure anyway, that's why I plan to marry an extremely wealthy woman. "

NHPlanner

Staff member
More faves....Strange Brew!

Claude Elsinore: And I'd like to point out that these tapes have not been faked, or altered in any way. In fact they have time coding, which is very hard to fake.
The Judge: Would you please explain for the court "time coding."
Claude Elsinore: Well, uh, just because I don't know what it is, it doesn't mean I'm lying.

Bob McKenzie: He once got our dead battery goin by mixin' bird feces and spit, cause there's like acids in it, eh?

Doug McKenzie: Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED! And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.

Bob MacKenzie: My brother and I used to say that drownin' in beer was like heaven, eh? Now he's not here, and I've got two soakers... this isn't heaven, this sucks!

Bob McKenzie: If I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss you.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
nerudite said:

I replaced the general fault wav with a Homer D'oh.