• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Best Wishes, Biscuit!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
biscuit, boy! There's still plenty of time to RUN :-D

Okay, if you aren't going to run, then at least get Mrs. Biscuit to confirm that she will "obey" as part of the wedding vows. ;-)

Best wishes for a long, loving and happy marriage!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Good luck and have a fun time at the reception.

We've been married almost 2 years and everything is going great. For me, it's much better than being single (sorry, singles)

Budgie

Cyburbian
I sure as hell hope you know what you are doing. Women have left a bad taste in my mouth lately, literally and figuratively. I wish you and the future Mrs. Biscuit the best.

Oh, don't listen to the critics. Being married is a great thing. Heck, if nothing else, statistics show that you get laid more regularly when you are married. :-D

Congrats and get in all the sex you can before she gets pregnant. Kids really slow down the partying for a few years. :p

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Congratulations! And make sure you get it all on video, because trust me, you won't remember much of the wedding/reception at all! ;-)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Michele Zone said:
Heck, if nothing else, statistics show that you get laid more regularly when you are married.

You're right, when I was married I got it on a regular basis. Always on the 3rd Thursday of every third month, but only during years that ended in an even digit.;)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Dude, don't do it. ;-) Seriously, have fun. And remember, when the wife tell you to go sleep on the couch, you'd better do as she says. It only makes if worse if you don't. Not that I'm speaking from any kind of personal experience.

How about a picture of the bride and groom?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
You're missing laefest for this?! Dude, you need to get your priorities straight ;-)

Best wishes for a happy and joyous day!

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Congratulations Biscuit, just make sure that what happens (or did happen) at your bachelor party stays there like Las Vegas;):b:

OT: I just got engaged over the weekend. I can't wait till we get married.

Just Kidding. :p

yaff

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Congratulations Biscuit, just make sure that what happens (or did happen) at your bachelor party stays there like Las Vegas;):b:

Just Kidding. :p

Tuna,
Hey, you had me worried there for a moment ..... for the poor misguided young lady ;-)

Biscuit, congratulations and enjoy your day!! As a person going on three years of matrimonial harmony, I can recommend the institution. Happiness to you and yours!!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:

You've got to know your rights, son. Just because Cletus said you had to marry him to get out of that speeding ticket doesn't mean its true. ;-)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Biscuit - words of advice here:

Marriage is when a man and woman become as one; the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.

What's the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? About 30 pounds.

At the cocktail party, one woman said to another, "aren't you wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger?" The other replied, "yes, i am, i married the wrong man."

How many men does it take to change a roll of toilet paper? We don't know - it's never happened.

How much does it cost to get married?" Who knows, every man is still paying for it.

When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing: either the car is new or the wife.

A little boy, at a wedding looks at his mom and says, "mommy, why does the girl wear white?" his mom replies, "the bride is in white because she's happy and this is the happiest day of her life." the boys thinks about this, and then says, "well then, why is the boy wearing black..."

Why does the bride always wear white? Because it's always good for the dishwasher to match the fridge and stove.

After a quarrel, a husband said to his wife, "you know, I was a fool when I married you." She replied, "yes, dear, but i was in love and didn't notice."

Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in europe.

Man is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished.

Young son - is it true, Dad, I heard that in some parts of Africa a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her? Dad - that happens in every country, son.

According to the latest surveys, when making love, most married men fantasize that their wives aren't fantasizing.

The three ring joke: did you know that every wedding involves three rings? Before the wedding, there's the engagement ring. At the wedding, there's the wedding ring. Then comes the suffer-ring.

mgk920

Cyburbian
(Old Muppet skit)

(at a wedding reception)

Fozzy: "DON'T CUT THAT CAKE!!!"

Piggy: "Why not?"

Fozzy: "It's rented..."

Piggy: "RENTED!!!"

Fozzy: "..and it has to be back by noon tomorrow."

Piggy: "HAAAIIIYAH!!!" (katate chops Kermit as Fozzy ducks)

:p

May your's be better

Mike

biscuit

Cyburbian
Thanks for all the kind wishes and pertinent warnings. The wedding was an amazing success and was the climax of what had to be one of the best weekends of my life. First of all my groomsmen, all of whom but one lives out of state, all came up to the ‘Burgh on Thursday to throw me a bomb diggety bachelor party (I have the bruises to prove it ;-) ).

The wedding ceremony was held at an old stone chapel and the reception was at a nearby turn of the century porch hotel that seemed to hang off the side of a mountain. The hotel resembled the one in The Shining and many of our guest spent the weekend running around the place saying “Red rum, red rum.” We later found out that the same contractor did in fact build both places... “Heeeeeere’s Johnny!”

Needless to say it exceeded all expectations. Being at least 600 miles away from my family and most of my oldest and dearest friends it was more than wonderful to have them all gathered in one place for such a great party. In fact, Mrs. Biscuit and I were actually humbled by the outpouring of love and generosity we received. I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

Now if y’all will excuse me I’m going to get myself a hanky and watch the Lifetime movie of the week. ;-)

otterpop

Cyburbian
Congrats! Now you will join all us married male planners. Savor the new-found sense of power. Soon you will know that you are very powerful indeed. Because EVERYTHING that goes wrong in her life will somehow be your fault. ;-)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Great to have you back. Now let's see some pictures already!!! :-D
Good to be back. I don't see how couples take long honeymoons right after the wedding. We have been going nonestop since last Thursday, and I swear that I'll go completely insane if I see the inside of either Bed, Bath & Beyond or Pottery Barn again.

We won't have the photographers pics until sometime in July, but I'll post something from the ones family and friends send in the coming weeks.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Good to be back. I don't see how couples take long honeymoons right after the wedding. We have been going nonestop since last Thursday, and I swear that I'll go completely insane if I see the inside of either Bed, Bath & Beyond or Pottery Barn again.

Biscuit, how do you feel being "Mr. Newly Married Man?" I'm looking forward to my day in 6 months. :-}

My favorite quote on marriage:
"Well, let me be the first to say congratulations to you man; you have one vagina for the rest of your life. Real smart man. "
Beanie to Frank in Old School

Really though. Congratulations! I'm glad it all went so well.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Frank: I told my wife I wouldn't drink tonight. Besides, I got a big day tomorrow. You guys have a great time.
College Student: A big day? Doing what?
Frank: Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Frank: I told my wife I wouldn't drink tonight. Besides, I got a big day tomorrow. You guys have a great time.
College Student: A big day? Doing what?
Frank: Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.
Oh God! It's only been five days and I've already started runs to Home Depot. I should go back and watch Old School again to help me come to terms with the future domestic hell I will be forced to endure. ;-)

Biscuit, how do you feel being "Mr. Newly Married Man?" I'm looking forward to my day in 6 months
Honostly? I feel old, like only mature adults have any business getting hitched and I should be nowhere near joining that demographic. Good luck to you on the fast approaching wedding. One thing to remember is that in the weeks leading up to the event always answer all of Planderella's questions and comments with "Yes," and, "Great idea Honey."

biscuit said:
Honostly? I feel old, like only mature adults have any business getting hitched and I should be nowhere near joining that demographic

oh, honey. just wait until the little biscuits come out of the oven......

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
biscuit said:
One thing to remember is that in the weeks leading up to the event always answer all of Planderella's questions and comments with "Yes," and, "Great idea Honey."

Hey, hey, hey! That's a married man's secret to happiness. You can't be sharing secrets with non-marrieds. Its agin da rules. This is your last warning. ;-)

Gedunker said:
Hey, hey, hey! That's a married man's secret to happiness. You can't be sharing secrets with non-marrieds. Its agin da rules. This is your last warning. ;-)
but he left out the "dear" part in "Yes, Dear", so he really didn't break the rules. :-D

H

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Honostly? I feel old, like only mature adults have any business getting hitched and I should be nowhere near joining that demographic.

Dude, there is no need for that nonsense. Being married doesnt make you feel old, acting old makes you feel old. :-D

I (think I) am a few years older than you...been married for a little over 2 years...and feel anything but old or anywhere near mature. :)

PS: now i really owe you a bourbon, to toast your marriage. :b:

Last edited:
Besides, getting hitched is for the Young and Foolish and Naive, who still believe in True Love and all that Blarney and haven't been broken and made cynical by life's experiences..

Oh, wait

I have been broken and I still believe in True Love and all that Blarney. Never mind. :-D

biscuit

Cyburbian
Downtown said:
oh, honey. just wait until the little biscuits come out of the oven......
Whoaah there! :-c It's going to be a little while before there are any dumplings around.... hopefully.

H said:
Dude, there is no need for that nonsense. Being married doesnt make you feel old, acting old makes you feel old.
That's the truth my brotha! Believe me when I say that have no intention to ever really grow up. A certain level of immaturity does a person well, and women find it irresistibly sexy.... A lot of good that does me now. o:)

I want to send a shout out and a big congrats to Cyburbanite, Clemson Tiger and fellow College of Cnowledge alum Belle for doing the sensible thing and eloping on June 10th. Best wishes for a happy future to you and the new Mr. Belle as you start your lives together. :-D

Last edited:

biscuit

Cyburbian
As promised... Pictures

This is the Biscuit at the rehearsal dinner along with Mom (Dad's alittle camera shy) and her brothers and sisters. Mom is the one in the blue jacket sitting to my left.

Front porch of hotel where we held the reception

View from said porch

Here's me and the Mrs. sitting down for dinner at the reception

Getting a smooch from my mom

And this is me holding the scene stealer of the evening, my neice.

I wish I had more to share but we won't be getting anything back from the photographer until the end of the month and almost all of the digital pictures that were sent to us are of very poor quality. Wish y'all were there! :-D

Last edited:

Habanero

Cyburbian
What a beautiful wife you have! Looks like a blast (and noticed the good beer taste too from the Rolling Rock on the table). Congrats again!