• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Better late than never...

H

Cyburbian
As I was reading another post this morning, I realized that I never properly introduced myself to the forum. I sort of jumped in to make a post and went from there, so…

· I currently work with a private planning consultant firm in Miami Florida doing: Community & Natural Resource Planning, Consensus Building and Regulatory Planning
· This is my first planning job since I received my MSP in May of 2002
· In the past I have worked and lived in Peru and Ecuador helping with local and regional development planning, where I learned much.
· Before that I worked in the Real Estate Acquisitions and the Finance Industry in Atl, Ga.
· For fun I enjoy almost any outdoor activity as recreation.

So that’s me. I apologize for not introducing myself earlier.

And I joined and continue to participate in these forums because I enjoy talking planning with planners. I truly love planning and could and have talked about it all day. Quite frankly most of the people I deal with on a daily basis are developers, architects (which I don’t relate to at ALL), Engineers (which I relate to even LESS), Politicians, angry citizens, crazy citizens, and a few (very few) happy citizens. So it is nice to meet ya’ll planners and be here.

Ps. Anyone who can guess that doggy in the window (my avatar) is very cool! And will win the prize of knowing.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Thanks for the intro. A belated 'welcome' to you.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Welcome to Cyburbia.

The dog's name is Rover and he is a Sagitarus. He likes licking and barking and digging and sleeping and eating and pooping and peeing. But he likes you more than all those other things.

How close did I get?

H

Cyburbian
PS.

Ps. The earlier statement does not discount the opinions of non-planners on this forum, I apologize I if accidentally excluded anyone, and of course enjoy talking planning with anyone who has something to say about the subject.

H

Cyburbian
A hint:

The color in the background will give you a hint about the origin of the dog.

H

Cyburbian
El Guapo said "He's from Denver?"

Nope, but you are on the right track!

SGB

Cyburbian
He's not from Denver, but likes to go to Bronco's practice scrimmages when in town to harrass the fourth string tackling dummies?

Welcome to the forums!

H

Cyburbian
the doggy

Okay, I will give a big hint to finish the dog Q:

Think collegiate football and colleges with recent National Championships....

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome.

At first I tought your avitar was a planning beagle but
if your going for colleges I'd say that it's the University of Tennessee Blue Tick Hound.

If I'm correct you are obliged to break into a stirring rendition of "Rocky Top"

H

Cyburbian
Biscuit you are correct!!!

His name is Smokey and he resides in Knoxville, Tenn. He is often seen on Saturday afternoons barking at football players who are NOT wearing The BIG Orange!!

GO VOLS!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome to our cyber home. Enjoy your stay with us and we look forward to your input

PG

nerudite

Cyburbian
So your dog is from Tennessee?

And you are from Miami?

Did you guys meet on the Internet? ;)

H

Cyburbian
Nerudite asks, “ So your dog is from Tennessee? And you are from Miami? Did you guys meet on the Internet?”

Unfortunately he is not my dog, but the school’s dog. I used to live Knoxville, while attending school at UT. And yes, I tried to live in the Sunsphere there, but if you watch the Simpson’s, you might know it is currently a wig storage facility. (not really, but it might as well of been.)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Good to see you here. I, too, am a Florida planner (in Central FL, however - north of Orlando). How do you like Miami? Darn, for a minute there I was going to guess the orange background was from U of FL!

H

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess Said: Good to see you here. I, too, am a Florida planner (in Central FL, however - north of Orlando). How do you like Miami? Darn, for a minute there I was going to guess the orange background was from U of FL!

Thanks. Miami is Great, it has so much to offer being a large city just down the road from the protected Everglades for biking, hiking and canoeing, and so on, or the Keys and the Biscayne National Park for diving and such. I am glad to see another FLA planner active on this site, you probably run across many similar issues as I (con los políticos and such) so I look forward to conversing with you and everyone on these forums.

Central Florida north of Orlando is beautiful!!! I was up in the Ocala National forest 2 weeks ago and drove through the Horse Country and the Swiss cheese landscaping of the lakes, went to the arts festival in Gainesville… it was great! I actually know that area pretty well. And sorry the Orange is not for U of F! Both my parents went to U of F, which is probably why it was so fun to attend UT!!… the rival!!!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I'll be glad to discuss any FL planning issues. I am not so far north as Ocala (Sanford, actually) but have been there many times, and it is a great camping area. I, too have a parent who went to U of FL and would have been horrified if one of his children, at least, did not become a Gator...

We're always happy to have new voices on board, especially ones with extensive Simpsons knowledge. Welcome!

Kelly