• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Beware!

Habanero

Cyburbian
Messages
3,241
Points
27
That's awful! They need to be punished, poor bear!

*taking of PETA shirt and leather pants*


hee, that's a real life purple people eater!
 

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Messages
19,467
Points
44
Nothing says love like a purple polar bear!

If they would have read the instructions, it would have noted, may stain your bear shades of purple.

Look it is a care bear.

I think that Barney has met his match.

Right now, there is a telebubby thinking YEA, a new friend.

OK I will stop now.
 

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Messages
10,080
Points
34
Although presently in a human form, I have been a bear in past lives. I feel for this poor thing. They should not be putting it through this humiliation.
 

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Messages
4,853
Points
26
It has dermatitis, and the purple is because of the treatment.. would you prefer the poor bear to suffer without antiseptics and make the dermatitis worse?
 

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Messages
10,080
Points
34
SkeLeton said:
It has dermatitis, and the purple is because of the treatment.. would you prefer the poor bear to suffer without antiseptics and make the dermatitis worse?
This is wrong on so many levels.

1. The bear has been unjustly deprived of its freedom in the first place. S/he never consented to being placed in a zoo and would probably prefer to be stalking seals in the Arctic.

2. This bear's right of privacy has been seriously infringed upon. Her/his medical history should be held in confidence by her/his medical care-givers. Instead, they are sharing it with everyone.

3. The treatment for her/his disease has caused a condition that most bears would find embarrassing, and might easily lead to long-term self-esteem issues. Instead of treating this circumstance in an affirming manner, the zoo staff have further trampled Bear's rights by puttin her/him on display for insensitive humans to gawk at and insult her/him.

Where is PETA when you need them?
 

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
5,407
Points
32
Michael Stumpf said:
This is wrong on so many levels.


2. This bear's right of privacy has been seriously infringed upon. Her/his medical history should be held in confidence by her/his medical care-givers. Instead, they are sharing it with everyone.

Clearly a HIPPA Violation
 

Otis

Cyburbian
Messages
5,165
Points
28
If God had meant polar bears to be purple he would have made ice purple.
 

Tom R

Cyburbian
Messages
2,274
Points
25
purple

Can polar bears see color? What do they need to see colors for in the artic? It probably doesn't even know its a different color.
 

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Messages
3,838
Points
25
Repo Man said:
Going after Toyota employees for (of all things)killing kittens!

Good thing Peta don't hang around these parts.
I'm sure PETA's responsible for thousands of kitten deaths.

(Check out the guys in the background, altough they seem more interested in eachother)


 

RoadRunner

Member
Messages
39
Points
2
Res Ipsa Loquiter

Michael Stumpf said:
This is wrong on so many levels.

1. The bear has been unjustly deprived of its freedom...

2. This bear's right of privacy has been seriously infringed upon...

3. The treatment for her/his disease has caused a condition that most bears would find embarrassing...
Just so you know, I will be filing a cause of action on behalf of my client, Pelusa, for damages resulting from civil rights violations, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligent infliction of emotional distress, (both of which are actionable torts) and a whole host of other actions named in latin, so as to protect the good and decent name of Pelusa and polar bears around the globe.

P.S. We expect to settle for no less than $3.4million, of which I get a 40% cut. Ice cream is on me...

P.P.S. Any correspondence to my client should now be addressed to me...
 

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Messages
10,080
Points
34
Re: Res Ipsa Loquiter

RoadRunner said:
Just so you know, I will be filing a cause of action on behalf of my client, Pelusa, for damages resulting from civil rights violations, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligent infliction of emotional distress, (both of which are actionable torts) and a whole host of other actions named in latin, so as to protect the good and decent name of Pelusa and polar bears around the globe.

P.S. We expect to settle for no less than $3.4million, of which I get a 40% cut. Ice cream is on me...

P.P.S. Any correspondence to my client should now be addressed to me...
This is what happens when we get an attorney on board. :)
 

RoadRunner

Member
Messages
39
Points
2
roadpunner

by the way, it's a good thing the medical treatment didn't turn pelusa's hair black...

...otherwise, she'd be a polar opposite!

(sorry, i know it's bad...)
 

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Messages
386
Points
12
LMAO @ Michaelskis' comments. Had to share them with the office....Thanks for the laugh guys. Poor Kittens, I hope the Toyota people get some punishment, at LEAST some kind of slap in the face...

At the St. Louis Zoo, we have a naked monkey. It was born with some skin disorder, but it's funny......naked monkey, naked monkey. We could learn something from those monkeys... the other monkeys don't shun it or cast it out.

My dad is a nudist; that picture cracks me up. Many nudists make a real effort to be nude in public places without breaking laws. Those women need to hold that sign a little lower if they're really trying to accomplish something. hahah
 

Tom R

Cyburbian
Messages
2,274
Points
25
Re: roadpunner

RoadRunner said:
by the way, it's a good thing the medical treatment didn't turn pelusa's hair black...

...otherwise, she'd be a polar opposite!

(sorry, i know it's bad...)
Actually polar bear's skin is black. Their fur is actually clear. Maybe you could work up a discrimination and a civil rights suit too.
Look under the civil rights act of 1964 under the bear clause.
 
Last edited:

RoadRunner

Member
Messages
39
Points
2
Re: Re: roadpunner

Tom R said:
Actually polar bear's skin is black. Their fur is actually clear. Maybe you could work up a discrimination and a civil rights suit too.
Look under the civil rights act of 1964 inder the bear clause.
good point...and well said!
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
Jessie-J said:
At the St. Louis Zoo, we have a naked monkey. It was born with some skin disorder, but it's funny......naked monkey, naked monkey. We could learn something from those monkeys... the other monkeys don't shun it or cast it out.
I bet that naked monkey has a lot of experience with killing kittens. The monkeys at other zoos sure seem to, and they even have their "clothes" on.
 

Maroon

Cyburbian
Messages
45
Points
2
Repo Man said:
Going after Toyota employees for (of all things)killing kittens!

Good thing Peta don't hang around these parts.
Lexington is about 15 miles south of Georgetown, and this is the first I've heard of it. It hasn't been in the news.

Or should I say in the paper- Channel 36 "On Your Side" probably carried it as the lead story on the 6 o'clock news.

The big animal cruelty case around here has been the poisoning of four champion horses.
 

donk

Cyburbian
Messages
6,970
Points
30
sorry for getting in late on this item, animals do get embarassed.

Seriously, the bear probably does have a lot of shame and a little embarassment going on. The reason i know this is that the sheep do when we shear them. The first one sheared does not come out of the barn until 1-2 of the others are done.
 
Top