• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Billing and invoicing software

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
We bill out our time to developers on an hourly basis. Right now, we have Excel workbooks set up for timetracking 6 emplyees by project and pay period. Very cumbersome. Anyone out there in the Cyburbia Throbbing Braintm using a billing or invoicing software? Please share....

PS - Microsoft project sucks.

Jeff

Cyburbian
We use a program called Timekeeper. It's easy enough I guess...just bill to the different projects in the databse.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
When I worked in the private sector, we used Axium Timetrax. It seemed like a pretty simple time tracker/billing program. They had it set to 15 minute billing increments, so you entered the project and the specific task you are working on and enter the time you worked on it. You can also make detailed notes to track the exact things you worked on.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
We use Timeslips, which is similar. It's an absolute necessity in the private sector when you have multiple clients and projects to track and invoice. I haven't found too many other programs that work as well for the planning profession.