• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

BioWarfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_deuce

Cyburbian
I live in Boston, where the mayor, the governor, et al. just announced they're going to put a huge biowarfare lab. Does anyone know of any studies (preferably online) that have been done on the effects of biowarfare labs or similar institutions on local property values? They're planning on locating this one in the South End--a VERY mixed-income neighborhood--where BU has its medical campus.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I thought the location of these are usually kept secret? Are they actually manufacuring the good stuff right there? More details please.

Honestly, you're probably safer with one of these in your backyard than any other use.

biscuit

Cyburbian
I don't suppose that it would have any more of an impact than other research (medical or otherwise) facilities would.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
This is the kind of thread that will make Donald Rumsfeld and Tom Ridge shut down Cyburbia and send Dan to Gitmo. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.