• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Birthday party

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
AIB my son's birthday tomorrow. On Saturday he is having an extravagant (for me and my budget) party at an indoor rock-climbing place. At 11, we've gone beyond home parties. My favorite was the year I spray-painted rocks in different colors and hid them around our large yard; the kids had to find them, then could redeem them for different-level prizes.

The best for me? Gee, probably when I was 4 or so, and Mom and Dad rented a merry-go-round, had a pony ride, etc. When I was older I had pool parties; since the siblings were born in January and March, even in Florida, the weather sometimes didn't cooperate for outdoor parties in those months, so I always felt like I had the winner birthday (in May). Of course, there was the one where the yard guy found a dead armadillo and the whole party bolted from the pool to see the dead thing...

What was your best birthday party? Or a family one you especially remember?

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
One of my top birthday parties was going bowling with SC and ZG. Nothing fancy, but loads of fun.