• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Biscuit Get Your Gun

biscuit

Cyburbian
It's a rootin-tootin, shoot-em-up good time here in the Steel City now with the National Rifle Association here in town. A crowd of 60,000 NRA members and firearms vendors are expected to be in the city for the organizations annual meeting. Expected guest include VP Dick Cheney and Ted "Cat Scratch Fever" Nuget. Yeee-Ha!

It's probably in my best interest to be extra polite to stangers on the sidewalk for the rest of the weekend. ;-)

So are there any gun loving Cyburbians coming to town for the fun?

Last edited:

el Guapo

Capitalist
My guess is that the violent crime rate drops with all those armed citizens in town. If you see him, ask Ted about his "Wango Tango...." days.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
el Guapo said:
My guess is that the violent crime rate drops with all those armed citizens in town. If you see him, ask Ted about his "Wango Tango...." days.

Thanks for the link EG, I just spent some time reading "Ask Ted". Some of those are great. I am feeling "the Spirit of the Wild". I am going to have to dig my bow out and shoot some arrows this afternoon.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
It's probably in my best interest to be extra polite to stangers on the sidewalk for the rest of the weekend. ;-)

Biscuit, you should always be polite, you'd be surprized how many people there have concealed weapon permits. All it costed when I was there was $6 and a 2x2" picture to get a four year permit. Maybe I should swing by tomorrow for a good ol' fashioned shootout;)