• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Black Lives Matter. Let's show it through actions and deeds, not header images

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I support the Black Lives Matter movement, and what it stands for. I stand with the protestors and their cause, and I would take the knee without hesitation, given the opportunity. However, I'm not putting a BLM banner on the site. This is their moment, not ours. I'm not going to appropriate BLM or the tragedy of George Floyd's death just to make Cyburbia look better to the outside world.

It's actions that make a real difference, not header images. Let's keep on working for justice and positive change from inside the system.

And, as always, Cyburbia will remain a welcoming community for all. Unless you're a jerk. And racists are jerks.