• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

blood for beer

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Not talking about Rugby.

Blood for beer
October 25, 2003
From the Durango Herald, Colorado

Participants in a United Blood Services blood drive donated in the name of one of the four Durango breweries. They received a free pint of beer in exchange.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Great idea, I think.
Has anyone else went out for drinks after giving blood?
Talk about a cheap date. You get drunk a lot faster.

el Guapo

Capitalist
The lawyers would feast upon this idea in the US....like vampire bats....sorry to be a downer.

SGB

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Great idea, I think.
I had a beer once in college after giving a pint. Won't ever do that combination again.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Great idea, I think.

It works even better with plasma donations :)

The benifit with plasma over blood is that you have beer money afterword, and you still have your cheap buz. In addition, you can do it twice per week as opposed to 1 time every 8 weeks :)

Ah, collage nights......

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Great idea, I think.
-LOL, man your better off getting out the gasoline rag. Didn't Homer try this on the Simpsons? Moe wouldn't give him a beer so he decided to try another way to get a buzz. Gave blood, ran up a mountain, then when he drank one beer he was all messed up.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Duke Of Dystopia said:
It works even better with plasma donations :)

The benifit with plasma over blood is that you have beer money afterword, and you still have your cheap buz. In addition, you can do it twice per week as opposed to 1 time every 8 weeks :)

Ah, collage nights......
You beat me to the post Duke, very nice indeed.