• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Bolivias' Future: the bet

Bolivias' Future:

• Civil war and coup with no gas export deal

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Coup with no gas export deal

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • President resigns and everything goes back to normal

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • President keeps charge and doesn't continue with deal

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • President keeps charge and goes on with the deal anyway.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Who Cares? I'm an ethnocentric North American!

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Simple, given the options in the poll above, which do you think will happen and how much do you bet on it?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I go with the Civil war too, afterall they've had plenty already, along with military coups... I bet an empty can of Budweiser for it :) ;)

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
I go with the Civil war too, afterall they've had plenty already, along with military coups... I bet an empty can of Budweiser for it :) ;)
I got 4 empty cans of Piels over here.

H

Cyburbian
I bet a shinny new nickel on option 2.

..its just a hunch.

Rem

Cyburbian
One Australian Dollar (4 cents US) on option 5. I was swayed by Huston's research, argument and insightful logic.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
For all of those voting option 5 please take notice that the vicepresident has taken his support from the president, 4 ministers from the cabinet resigned and people are intensly protesting in the streets asking for the presidents' resignation. Just a reminder. :)

H

Cyburbian
Rem said:
I was swayed by Huston's research, argument and insightful logic.
I am glad my detailed thoroughness reasoning behind my logic impressed you. ;)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
How much more Coca is needed?

President Sanchez de Lozada blamed indigenous congressman - Evo Morales for the alleged plot to oust him. But denied the accusations but insisted that he must go.

Morales, who is the leader of Bolivia's coca leaf growers, said Sanchez de Lozada should be succeeded by "an indigenous government."

Coca is the base ingredient of cocaine, but many Bolivians chew the leaves or use them to brew tea. About 30,000 acres of coca can be cultivated legally, but growers want the limit increased.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/st...=ININS&SECTION=INTERNATIONAL&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Duke Of Dystopia said:
Hey Skel,

You forgot to add:

"Bolivia attacks Chile to reclaim stolen land to complete pipeline!" :)
Then I'll have to add, "and Chile kicks their asses one more time..." :p :-} just kidding...

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
He resigned, but will the vice president be able to return the country to peace? And before he resigned he sent the gas export deal ,metaforically, to the trash. There was a Hidrocarbon law or something that permitted this deal and aparently that law was derogated.

Personally I prefer that they don't go to a civil war or coup, I overreacted of course when I created the thread, but of course nobody would like that a country passes through some hard times. I just hope that it turns out for the best. :)

The Irish One

Communist Bolivia

I lost that one!! Bolivia should just be a localized indigenous economy -forget about the gas and the glory.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Since I have no idea what is going on 'down there' I edited the poll and added an option for people like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.