• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

book exchange

planasaurus

Cyburbian
http://www.bookcrossing.com

I reciently came across this website that you can leave books at various locations, and track who reads them and what they think of them.

I just left an old book at a coffeeshop (marked with the label). I hope somebody picks it up.

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
I've just joined today after following your link and I've planned my first four 'drops'. I'm going to put two in the university library tomorrow (and see if anyone pays any attention!) and two on the train journey I have to make tomorrow evening. Looks like fun and definitely more interesting than just taking them to the charity store (whch reminds me, maybe I should combine those!). I think it's a bit of a critical mass thing though in that you need quite a few people to do it before it works.

Ooh! Very cool! I joined this morning and plan to release some books this weekend on my travels to see my parents. Thanks for the heads up, Planasaurus!