• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Boss Day

Well, since you are in this position of honor tomorrow - what kind of gift would you like from your employees???

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Just a nice lunch would be great. The fanning with palm fronds was a bit much last year.

Habanero

Cyburbian
A big fist.. no, I actually really enjoy working here and my boss is one of the better ones I've had. Hm.. But he's on vacation, so he missed out-

el Guapo

Capitalist
That was my Bosses Day gift to Prudence. :)

He has been taking a beating lately. He needed something nice.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
TexasPlanner said:
Is that why he's always so quiet?

:D
He is recovering from a nasty incident that occurred at an East Side watering hole Saturday night. I guess the bar maid's boyfriend showed up....

Habanero

Cyburbian
No- it was strange- she was crazy and when we asked for the bill she put me in a headlock-

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
El Guapo said:

Knee pads!
Going back to the thread about how PC is your office. We had new carpet installed in our office earlier this year, the guys finished up just as our City Council was meeting. After the meeting I noticed that the installers had left a set of Knee pads. Since my assistant was newly divorced and dating again, I left them on her desk with a sticky note that said "I thought you use these on your next date". The Police Chief walked by as I was leaving the note, he didn't stop laughing for days.

When my assistant came inthe next day she read the note, looked at me and yelled "F@#$ You Dan"

I still giggle when I think about it.....and you know what? I don't know where the pads ever went.

Jeff

Cyburbian
This wasn't at a restaurant called "Dick's Last Resort" was it. They were a small cahin around when I was stationed in 29 Palms, CA the waitresses used to scream at you and ask you what the F*&k you wanted to eat a drink. A real classy place. No headlocks though.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Nope- it was at the Gordon Beirsh brewery on Mill. Very stange, she was certifiable for sure. She couldn't get our orders right and when we asked for the bill I got the headlock-

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
*Bumpity Bump*

This year Boss Day is on a Friday. Will your gifts be any different?:D
I'll get nada from the staff. I don't them get them things for administrative professionals day. I hate these Hallmark pseudo holidays. Most guys have trouble remembering the big ones, birthdays and anniversies as it is.

beach_bum

Cyburbian
Bringing in some bagels for breakfast (including her favorite), have card that everyone signed. She goes to bat for us all the time, its nice to be able to stop and recognize that.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
No clue what my new office does for Boss's Day. Maybe I should ask . . .

In my last section, it was nada for the boss. Probably because he was/is a sucky boss.

Veloise

Cyburbian
I will take myself to lunch (it's on the City/BZA) and spend the afternoon being a planner. Maybe I'll buy myself dinner, too.

ETA: Hallmark holidays are stooopid.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I gave my boss an early present today....a "come to jesus" meeting about her training sessions and why they weren't working.