• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Buffalo area Cyburbanite do a favor for STTG?

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Okay, I just went out of my mind and bought a golf club on ebay. I hate to do it but the price was right. Now I hope everything is kosher. Does any Buffalo Cyburbanite care to pick it up for me and then ship it to me? I would feel better if someone I know more than "dd311" would send it to me. This would obviously entail meeting the seller to pick up the item and give payment. I would send payment to the Cyburbanite and for postage and packaging and even include a suprise gift for you! Is this reasonable for am I just smoking crack and should live with the fact that I bought it and so I deal with it? BY the way, I have not asked the seller about this arrangement yet.

Last edited:

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
SlaveToTheGrind said:
I would send payment to the Cyburbanite and for postage and packaging and even include a suprise gift for you! Is this reasonable for am I just smoking crack and should live with the fact that I bought it and so I deal with it?

You smoking the rock man 8-!. I've bought from e-bay before and usually everything arrives fine.

If it is crap, you can pay me a small fee and I'll go over to said sellers place and break out the baseball bat;)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Just have them ship it to ya. 99 percent of e-bayers are honest. Just pay the seller and await the arrival of your club.

I have bought 30+ items and only once have I had to deal with a scam...and it was only a 99 cent item.