• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Buffalo Wing Fest

The Buffalo Wing Festival is coming, if you're bored or just want to eat the nation's best wings check it out at www.buffalowing.com

There will be a spot on the Today Show Monday morning between 9:30 and 10:00, check it out and come enjoy Buffalo's greasy little delights!

By the way, drop as much cash as you can possibly afford in the city, we sure could use it. ; )

Cyburbian-ess

If you can't make the fest, and want to do them at home, I would highly recommend putting the wings on the grill. After they are browned, place them in a big bowl and "wet 'em" by shaking them in some really good wing sauce. Texas Pete is a good one. Kick back with a brewskie, turn on some college ball, and go to town!

Tom R

Cyburbian
wings

Cyburbian-ess said:
If you can't make the fest, and want to do them at home, I would highly recommend putting the wings on the grill. After they are browned, place them in a big bowl and "wet 'em" by shaking them in some really good wing sauce. Texas Pete is a good one. Kick back with a brewskie, turn on some college ball, and go to town!
Where where you when I was young & single?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Several months ago, I was jonesin' for some real chicken wings. Headed to Super Target, picked up some bags of Tyson wings (about the biggest you can find around here, although they're small compared to those back home), and some Frank's hot sauce. Fry the wings until done, then put them in a sauce pan where you have melted butter, Frank's, a touch of vinegar, and possibly some barbecue sauce as well. Shake well, then dump 'em into a spaghetti strainer. After a few minutes, slap 'em on a plate. Eat.

Best wings in Buffalo ... Anchor Bar, the original, is still clsoe to the top of the list, but for the past 13 or 14 years Gabriel's Gate has held the top spot in my book. Big, meaty, and hot, but not overpowering. La Nova serves excellent wings (they have "connections," ya' know), and Duff's is also pretty good. Any local pizzeria in Buffalo will have decent wings, comparable to what are now considered the best wings from other cities.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
any visit to buffalo always includes a stop at the anchor bar to fill the body with wings and the car with bottles of sauce!

Nemesis

'Ah, good wings. It seems bars around here think wings should be mushy and wet. My friends and I are forever ordering wings well done.
FYI. O'loughlins from the Annapolis area is in the compettion. The owner is from Buffalo and makes a so so Beef on Weck too.(Scwables in West Seneca makes the best Weck , Hot Toddies too, followed by Eckles in OP)
O'Loughlans are the Best wings in the Baltimore/Washington we have found so far. Acme in Annapolis is good too. FYI, O'loughlins is really located in Cape St. Clair. So, next time you are sitting in the Friday/Saturday beach traffic on 50, get off at the BMW dealership go across College Parkway and pick some up. I know there are quite a few DC people on this board.