• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Bullet-proof chest

sal95

Cyburbian
Things that make you go hmmmm. . . .

From Ananova.com (UK news):

Woman shot in chest but saved by silicone implants

A Brazilian woman, shot in crossfire between police and drug dealers, was saved by her silicone breast implants.

Doctors said the silicone had slowed the bullet up enough to prevent it from causing her a serious injury.

Jane Selma Soares was caught up in shooting between police officers and drug traffickers in Rio de Janeiro.

She told Las Ultimas Noticias newspaper that even though she tried to hide, a bullet hit her in the chest.

When she got to a nearby hospital doctors realised her implants had stopped the bullet entering her body further.

The doctor who treated her said: "If there was no silicone the bullet could have reached a vital organ causing serious damage."

A plastic surgeon was called in to fix the damage and took the opportunity to increase the size of Mrs Soares' breasts with more silicone.

She said: "I'm twice happy, first because my prosthesis saved my life and also because now I look even more beautiful."

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I take it those were the older ones that get hard after a time

thanks but no thanks-ill take what the big guy gave me and not play with the size of the...boys. Even if it would stop a bullet

Habanero

Cyburbian
Yeah, I'm satisfied with what I was given, and I'm glad I can see over them when I lay down... but what I want to know.. why would you put stuff in your body that gets to be like that? They can't feel "real".

sal95

Cyburbian
Yeah, I will keep mine as-is. Who needs them when Victoria Secret makes those new water bras???

I wish people would realize how ridiculous they will look when they are 70 with these perfect ta-tas. :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
sal95 said:

I wish people would realize how ridiculous they will look when they are 70 with these perfect ta-tas. :)
Yeah, she'll be the hit of the retirement community!

sal95

Cyburbian
The good news is that it must be a slow news day.

Waiting on the hubby to pick me up so we can start heading down to Texas. Hope the weather doesn't get too nasty.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Trust me, large teets are not all their cracked up to be. The back problems alone are reason enough to get a reduction.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
Trust me, large teets are not all their cracked up to be. The back problems alone are reason enough to get a reduction.
I know of 3 friends/relatives that have had reductions....all of whom are very thankful for the reduced back pain.

TexasPlanner said:
They can't feel "real".
No idea how they feel....but personally, I don't even like how they look....no "naturals" look inflated and don't sag at least a little bit (however slight).

Must be a slow day...the discussion has deteriorated to breast implants on a planning website... :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Ugh, I wish I could get one of those- but insurance won't cover it. Too bad.

So for now..

boooooobiiiiessssss!

:)