• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Businesses validating/discounting PT tickets instead of parking?

Hi all,
I'm working on a school project about a new railway station at a busy retail mall. We are trying to propose policies/interventions that will help shift away from private car use to access the mall. One possible program could begin charging for parking (currently free) and instead shift the subsidy to PT modes like bus and rail. It's common of course for businesses to validate parking if you spend enough, but I can't find any cases of a program that validates or discounts bus or rail tickets when you spend above a threshold.
Is anybody aware of any such cases? If not, please feel free to discuss your thoughts on such a policy.
Cheers!

glutton

Cyburbian
I've seen talks of this, but never anyone actually doing it. I would love to read your paper at the end about the places you find! I did come across this blog post from Minneapolis, though!