• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Busted

biscuit

Cyburbian
As inspired by H's reintroduction thread
How many of us have been busted by either loved on or Co-workers about our time on Cyburbia?

The future Mrs. knows I spend time on the boards and accuses me of being, "A big planning nerd." I, however, believe that she's nosey enough to stop by and read what I've been saying, just to see if I've been talking about her or carrying on a dirty illicit affair. ;) I love you sweetie.

I also have a few co-workers who know about the site so I tend to not post anything too relevent about work or my personal life.That doesn't make for the most intersting or funny posts but it gives me some semblance of anonymity.

nerudite

Cyburbian
My co-workers know I come here... I don't think it's a big deal. And hell, my SO is a member... so no secrets there!

BKM

Cyburbian
I actually have a lurker co-worker. I try to reassure him that not everybody is to the right of Attilla the Hun (sorry, conservatives :) )

Seabishop

Cyburbian
;) Biscuit, I'll still meet you at the bus station with that Russian girl we talked about OK? You ever see Snoop Dogg's Girl's Gone Wild? She's the one in the shower who's all pixelated out towards the end. Like you said, a little vodka goes a long way! Oh, and I'm workin' on the bachelor party - just 4 girls left and we'll have the whole volleyball team! ;)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
My wife knows I play here, but is ok with it. She even registered as a joke earlier this year.

I work with another fairly active cyburbian, but he doesn't have internet access on his computer. hahaha!;-)

But I think he is the only one that knows the extent of my activity, except, of course, for the IT guys;-)

El Feo

Cyburbian
BKM said:
I actually have a lurker co-worker. I try to reassure him that not everybody is to the right of Attilla the Hun (sorry, conservatives :) )
Geez, as far as I can tell, there are only about six of us tories on the boards. Lurker must be highly allergic to conservative thought if he's concerned by the ratio here! ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
biscuit said:
How many of us have been busted by either loved on or Co-workers about our time on Cyburbia?
Prudence used to be a coworker, and he was close to dragging us out of the cyburbia closet to another corworker. Now that he's gone, its my dirty little closet secret again.

Habanero

Cyburbian
James knows about it, but he doesn't care- he's got his own hockey website he's always on. I've been "busted" at work, but this is a work related site!! yeah....

Rem

Cyburbian
I've shown my wife a couple of things on Cyburbia I think might amuse her but I don't think she would interested enough to log on herself as a stalker. Although - it has just occurred to me, if she did open Cyburbia from home, she would be Rem because of the automatic sign on. Hmmmm - anyone seen anything too weird posted by me recently?

I don't think anyone I work with lurks here - I'm pretty sure they would have said something by now, unless they are gathering information to use against me. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me.

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
I have told my new co-workers about Cyburbia but they just don't understand the pleasure of speaking with kindred folks. ZG turned me on to Cyburbia, so I consider her my co-worker still. A cousin of my mine is thinking of stalking us since I always tell her about the fun.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Nope never busted.

Lottsa people around the office and in my personal life know about me and Cyburbia but as far as I know no Lurkers and I've never been busted for being online.

I just tell those who do see me that it is Planning Research.