• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Buying a new car

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Ok guys its car buying time in the PlannerGirl casa.

Ive got a 2000 Saturn SL1 right now but looking at the 2003 Saturn Ion3. Seems a bit more mature looking than the older Saturns and seems to have more under the hood-or so it says on paper.

Has anyone test driven or bought a new Ion?

Thanks!
PG

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I'm still here *sigh* my flight was moved back 2 hours.

I test drove the Ion - thats where I found the used Saab that caught my eye before I ultimately decided to keep the old beyotch Rover - and I liked it, except for the center console speedometer. I knew I would ignore it and get in trouble. Otherwise, a great car.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
i test drove it
liked the power
the center thing is weird as hell but workable

i dont like how they did the whole ergonomic thing-took the power controls out of the center and put them on the doors

but i like the open air feel
teh bigger more stable feeling body

hummm

got one on hold

Runner

Cyburbian
The center speedometer would be something to get used to. This was my same thoughts about the Mini when I took it for a test drive.

If we were going to replace our Corolla we would be very tempted to go for a Mini. The other option would have been a Civic Hybrid. We test drove a Saturn a couple years ago and the ergonomics did not work for Mrs. Runner.