• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Cajones

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Not just cojones ...

The size of church bells, my friends. The size of church bells.

prudence

Cyburbian
That was his moment in the sun...his RUGGED days are over.

Who in the hell goes hiking and climbing ALONE???

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I've gone hiking alone ... but it's usually on a well-used, well-established trail, where you'll encounter others on a regular basis. Wilderness hiking on your own, though ... forget it!

Tom R

Cyburbian
alone

I've gone cross county skiing alone until I thought what if something goes wrong - Tomscicle!

el Guapo

Capitalist
I'm awe struck! Now that is a bar story. "See I was trapped by this bolder, see..."

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:
I'm awe struck! Now that is a bar story. "See I was trapped by this bolder, see..."
No crap - I'd buy him the next beer!

biscuit

Cyburbian
I've done some stupid things in the outdoors before, but hiking alone in a canyon, really not that bright. I have to say however that this guy must have bowling balls for cajones. How did he manage to cut through the bone with a pocket knife without going into shock? Amazing

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I wouldn't try climbing alone, but I often hike alone. If you know what you are doing, you can go off into the backcountry with less reason to be concerned than some wanna-be on a trail in a state park.

A couple weeks ago I made my own temporary tooth filling, but I am not about to start amputating anything larger than a toenail.