• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Call of the day

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Beat this one suckas....

Buck "Rock N Roll" Zumhof called looking for a gig........

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
giff57 said:
Beat this one suckas....

Buck "Rock N Roll" Zumhof called looking for a gig........

I have not heard of Buck "Rock N Roll" Zumhoff in years. I used to watch him on AWA? when I was a young lad in Minnesota. Mean Gene, Jessie the Body, Sheik Adnan, Wahoo McDaniel, Mad Dog Vachon, Baron Von Raschke, Jerry Blackwell, even Hulk Hogan. Ah...good times..

As a side note - when I was about twelve (1983) I was playing golf and Jessie the Body Ventura was playing in front of me. Had two huge bodygaurds and some blonde bimbos (sorry to all educated blondes). I hit a shot (hole seven -dogleg to the right, New Ulm Country Club) that ended up hitting one of his golf carts. I about s**t a brick. Fortunately for this 12-year old, he did not do anything and my life was spared.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
If you grew up in the midwest an watched wrestling in the early 80's, you know of Buck Zumhofe. He schtick was a rock and roller with elvis-like clothes and carrying a large boom box (called a ghetto blaster then). I think he lost most of the time. Of course wrestling is all acting anyway...is too...is not...is too...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Re: Call of the day

SlaveToTheGrind said:
I have not heard of Buck "Rock N Roll" Zumhoff in years.

If you are loking for some entertainment for a festival I have his number.

SGB

Cyburbian
SlaveToTheGrind said:
Of course wrestling is all acting anyway...is too...is not...is too...

Well, yes & no. The matches are scripted out, but many of the injuries that result from errors are real. My source? My BIL, who is currently living his dream - and has the medical bills and a title belt to show for it:

el Guapo

Capitalist
I was in left field when you first posted.

I thought he was looking for a job as a planner in beautiful downtown Holstien, IA.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Re: Call of the day

Big Easy King said:
Did he get it?

Don't know, maybe, the folks that do our festival are always looking for acts.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: I was in left field when you first posted.

el Guapo said:
I thought he was looking for a job as a planner in beautiful downtown Holstien, IA.

All I know is the guy has a VERY loud phone voice....

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
SGB said:
Well, yes & no. The matches are scripted out, but many of the injuries that result from errors are real. My source? My BIL, who is currently living his dream - and has the medical bills and a title belt to show for it:

World of Hurt Wrestling, huh?

Can't think of a more appropriate name for a wrestling organization. ;)

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: Re: I was in left field when you first posted.

giff57 said:
All I know is the guy has a VERY loud phone voice....

My pappy told me that Rock and Roll would make me go deaf. Too bad his pappy didn't warn him.