• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Can patriotism go to far?? :)

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Do you know if they have a store with gag gifts? I've been looking for a pile of fresh poop that's colored Red White & Blue.

BKM

Cyburbian
Don't know. Haven't explored the site in detail. I KNOW that they have patriotic diapers and feminine hygeine products :)

No way! Register me for the Udderly American Breast Pump!

Actually, this site would be a good place for The Tick to shop, especially with the Hammer of Justice, and Coffeemaker of Victory. Damn, i wish they'd bring that cartoon back.

Ooh, just read their disclaimer:
Expect delivery within 6-12 months. Sizes and colors may vary. Please, only one Confeddy Freddy per trailer. We reserve the right to refuse service to brown people and/or non-Christians. Products not suitable for the satire impaired or humor deficient.

Good site.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Okay... the split tongue didn't bother me at all... but this thing scares me!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Nobody commented on the "Tampons of Glory." Huh. I would have expected to hear something about that from this group.

BKM

Cyburbian
The sad thing is, the Little Patriots diapers (on the "Crapsale" link) are REAL :)

Ugh!

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Michael Stumpf said:
Nobody commented on the "Tampons of Glory." Huh. I would have expected to hear something about that from this group.
That's cuz they're not really patriotic: Red and white, but not blue.

Runner

Cyburbian
Yes, but this site does not. This one is done in humor. Check out the disclaimer at the bottom of the page:

"Patriotism is more a matter of community than a matter of how many and how high we wave our flags..."

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Damn I had a good laugh at that site!
And he is right its a shame that the american flag is being sold out after the 9-11....

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
bet on me said:
why do they use blue liquid in tampon and maxi pad commercials?
Blue is a color typically associated with cleanliness....

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
bet on me said:
why do they use blue liquid in tampon and maxi pad commercials?
Think about it ... would you want to see tampons dipped into viscous red liquid in a commercial? What about yellow liquid and brown chunks poured into adult diapers? Ewwww ...

I'm waiting for the inevitable "Americans are so conservative and sensitive about bodily functions" reponse. Tell me that Swedish tampon commercials use Karo syrup, and that German adult diaper commercials use lager and chunky stew ...

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
For any idiot that thinks that the webmaster of that site is anti patriotic.. should really think of it well (hmm I doubt that the idiots can think at all :p)

What's more patriotic, buying tons of worthless junk with the US flag atached and patriotic colors or mocking and fighting against the corporations that are selling fake patriotism through these products, they're degrading the flag and making it just another product, plus patriotism isn't material, something many should learn, patriotism goes in your head not on what you wear or have.

Thank you :D

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Think about it ... would you want to see tampons dipped into viscous red liquid in a commercial? What about yellow liquid and brown chunks poured into adult diapers? Ewwww ...

I'm waiting for the inevitable "Americans are so conservative and sensitive about bodily functions" reponse. Tell me that Swedish tampon commercials use Karo syrup, and that German adult diaper commercials use lager and chunky stew ...
OMG LOL!!!

They use blue for toilet bowl cleaner too. Maybe someone can find a way to make the color... oh, never mind. :)

el Guapo

Capitalist
There once was a day where it was illegal to use the image of the US flag in a commercial or offensive manner. Alas, what would Old Navy do without their best selling t-shirt. I wonder what political group got that old law removed from the books? Was it the evil republicans? Hum.....I wonder....?

Seabishop

Cyburbian
My 3 year old daughter LOVES the American flag. We never pushed the idea on her but ever since last 4th of July she's been obessed with the flag. She has a little American flag pocketbook and stickers etc. I don't know why it makes her so happy but its damn cute.

BKM

Cyburbian
I'll actually agree with El Guapo here.

Just like I disagree with people who go to church in flip flops, tee shirts, and shorts (these are adults we are talking about).

biscuit

Cyburbian
BKM said:

Just like I disagree with people who go to church in flip flops, tee shirts, and shorts (these are adults we are talking about).
I couldn't agree more. I visited a new church yesterday and half the congregation was in sweats, the other half in tee-shirts. I'm not formal but geeez, at least make an effort.