• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Canada

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I've just learned how our neighbor to the north got it's name. It seems one evening three men were sitting around the bar wondering what they should call their new nation. Each letter of the alphabet was placed in a hat (touque?). The first man reached in and removed the first letter.

"C, ah," he yelled out. The second man reached for a letter and yelled, "N, ah." And finally the third man pulled a letter from the hat and exclaimed, "D, ah."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Please refrain from posting anything about Canada ok eh? We are trying to forgit aboot them, eh?

Jeff

Cyburbian
I just heard Montreal is going to try to host the Tour de "France" in 2008......

Hmmmmm....somehting just doesn't sound right there....

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike DeVuono said:
Please refrain from posting anything about Canada ok eh? We are trying to forgit aboot them, eh?
No... we are quietly annexing them. I've got the petition right here. On my desk. Signed by Alberta. No kidding.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Isn't there a Montreal in France, too?

And never forget about the Canadians. That is what they want. Once we let down out guard it is all over.

donk

Cyburbian
there has actually ben quite a few press releases about the tour coming to canada in 2008. check out http://www.canadiancyclist.com in the news section for more info. I don't see it happening for many reasons, but we can dream can't we.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
donk said:
there has actually ben quite a few press releases about the tour coming to canada in 2008. check out http://www.canadiancyclist.com in the news section for more info. I don't see it happening for many reasons, but we can dream can't we.
That "North Atlantic" leg is going to be a bitch!