• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Canadian Cannon Fodder

el Guapo

Capitalist
Going to be a shame to kill these guys, but I do so admire their willingness to die for what they believe. But if they die, and they very well may, I'm going to chuckle just a bit on the inside. And If I were on the Joint Stike Force Targeting Staff it wouldn't change my targeting impulses one iota knowing a peacnick was chained to the Iraqi National Baby Milk Factory across the street from the Bath Party Headquarters. Could we get Hanoi Jane to go along on the trip?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/features/iraq/anti_war_iraq.html

Habanero

Cyburbian
I just hope no one risks their own military trying to save them if they start to second guess thier stupidity.

BKM

Cyburbian
Wow: even to this evil liberal this seems wacko

Wow. Even as someone who remains skeptical about the Oil Industry's plans for the War, this takes the cake. Even the most radical nut case would have to acknowledge that Sadaam and the Ba'ath Party are bad news.

What they forget is that it is never JUST the evil leader. Thousands of Iraqis benefit from the Baathist regime.

O/T

I was listening to a writer named Goldhager the other day. He wrote a book basically outlining how eagerly thousands of average Germans pulled the switches and shoved the victims into the cattle cars. (His new book details how complicit Pope Pius and the Catholic hierarchy was in supporting the holocaust. Pope Pius actually cancelled the issuance of a Papal Encyclical criticizing Anti-Semitism written by his predecessor at life's end .) So, I still believe that people, to a certain, limited extent, get the government they deserve.