• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Can't even read my own article!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
If anyone is interested, I was published in the AICP web journal "Practicing Planner". Unfortunatly, since I'm not AICP, I can't even read it! But, for you AICP types.... can you guess which one it is? ;-)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Diversity — A Goal for a Group, Not an Individual

Nice article BTW!

[SIZE=-3]Unfair Advantage alert: I already knew Mastiff's real name. [/SIZE] ;-)

How did they let a Philistine-heathen such as your non-AICP'd-self get published in their oh-so-exclusive journal???? ;)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Planderella said:
How did they let a Philistine-heathen such as your non-AICP'd-self get published in their oh-so-exclusive journal???? ;)
I was probably the only person willing to write a counter-point...

Mastiff

Gunfighter
NHPlanner said:
Diversity — A Goal for a Group, Not an Individual

Nice article BTW!

[SIZE=-3]Unfair Advantage alert: I already knew Mastiff's real name. [/SIZE] ;-)
Thanks. I had another thought, and might write a follow-up. Think on this for a moment....

AICP has 50% men and 50% women. AICP has 25% white, 25% black, 25% hispanic, and 25% asian. AICP decides to be politically diverse, and has 33% Republican, 33% Democrat, and 33% of other parties. Now... are they diverse?

If all the Asians are in the Northewest, the Hispanics in the SW, the Whites in the NE, and the Blacks in the South... All the men are east of the Mississippi, all the women and on the west side... And the Dems are spread out, and there is a Republican core centered somewhere in Kansas. Is this diverse?

No... So then, change the AICP Code of Ethics to just promote diversity. Even if it's just as far as your own office. Sound reasonable?