• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it away, sell it, or spam you), or through Facebook or a Microsoft ID. Google and Twitter coming soon. 🙂

Capital in the Twenty-First Century

Will you read Capital in the Twenty-First Century?

• Hell Yes, it could be a game changer!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Maybe I'll get around to it.......

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way you filthy hippy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why do you hate America SOOO Much??!!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The One

Cyburbian
Capital in the Twenty-First Century
Thomas Piketty

Published By:
http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674430006

Have any of you purchased this book or planning to buy in the near future??

I was a little slow getting my order in and found out getting this book in the USA is very difficult right now.......so I got a copy from India ;) by boat in 10 days:r:

Some news:
Economist:
http://www.economist.com/blogs/charlemagne/2014/04/thomas-piketty
and

NYT
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/27/f...-the-Twenty-First-Century-sensation.html?_r=0
and
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/25/opinion/krugman-the-piketty-panic.html?hp&rref=opinion

dvdneal

Cyburbian
You know that reading a book would require me to read don't you. That is very unAmerican. How dare you ask me to even consider a book. It does look interesting though, maybe I'll wait for the movie.

The One

Cyburbian
Update

#1 I won't let this thread die.....until I've read the book.....

I'm still waiting for delivery from India......looks like it may be rounding the cape of good hope right about now......:p

The One

Cyburbian
Got it......

The book came in from India this weekend.....a note says not to be sold outside India, Maldives, Bangladesh....etc.....LOL
Loved the introduction so far......:h:

ursus

Cyburbian
ummmmhhhhh this is like a long time to not know what Zoning Goddess is reading. I know you're reading, I just don't know what. How am i supposed to go about my day, attending to the affairs of my life without knowing what you are reading?!?!?? I know you finished your book and started again because it takes you like three days to read 6000 pages, so what gives? Ok, I see. Now you're just toying with me, not saying what you're reading. Is it good? I can't see the cover...just come on! Tell me! Tell me! What are you READING!?!??!??!!!! I'll find your book and burn it if you don't tell me!!! Never mind, I don't care. I couldn't care less what you're reading..OK that's a lie, what are you reading!?!? I'm going to start typing gibberish all over this thread if you don't tell me. It'll be your fault. I can't be blamed. It's on you. Gibberish on your hands, ZG. Fine. Gibberish it is. I'll bring the gibberish, Oh, I can bring it baby. Bringin on the gibberish. What do you mean I already started? That's just unnecessary roughness. Are you reading a sports book? Is that why your silence on the matter is so aggressive? Silence can so be aggressive. Watch. Feel that? Uh huh that's what I'm saying. See? Aggressive, silent, gibberish.

please tell me what you're reading.....

The One

Cyburbian
Yup.....

Eloquent as usual ursus.....:lmao:

So far it is great.....when I actually get a chance to sit down and read.....:r:

Also, the attacks on the book are straight out of the right wing play book.....first paragraph actually. They make me smile because I know they are worried about inequality. :D

ummmmhhhhh this is like a long time to not know what Zoning Goddess is reading. I know you're reading, I just don't know what. How am i supposed to go about my day, attending to the affairs of my life without knowing what you are reading?!?!?? I know you finished your book and started again because it takes you like three days to read 6000 pages, so what gives? Ok, I see. Now you're just toying with me, not saying what you're reading. Is it good? I can't see the cover...just come on! Tell me! Tell me! What are you READING!?!??!??!!!! I'll find your book and burn it if you don't tell me!!! Never mind, I don't care. I couldn't care less what you're reading..OK that's a lie, what are you reading!?!? I'm going to start typing gibberish all over this thread if you don't tell me. It'll be your fault. I can't be blamed. It's on you. Gibberish on your hands, ZG. Fine. Gibberish it is. I'll bring the gibberish, Oh, I can bring it baby. Bringin on the gibberish. What do you mean I already started? That's just unnecessary roughness. Are you reading a sports book? Is that why your silence on the matter is so aggressive? Silence can so be aggressive. Watch. Feel that? Uh huh that's what I'm saying. See? Aggressive, silent, gibberish.

please tell me what you're reading.....

ursus

Cyburbian
Eloquent as usual ursus.....:lmao:

So far it is great.....when I actually get a chance to sit down and read.....:r:

Also, the attacks on the book are straight out of the right wing play book.....first paragraph actually. They make me smile because I know they are worried about inequality. :D
Oh I'm a boob! I didn't realize this was it's own thread. Giving accidental legitimacy to my gibberish rant. :-$:lmao: