• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

    Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Capricorn, 6'4" Turn Ons: ....

FueledByRamen

Cyburbian
Messages
449
Points
13
Oh wait, not that type of introduction...

Hi, Im Adam. I trolled the board for a while before registering, like most people probably do, and then saw something I had to respond to so I registered.

A little about me: Im currently a student at the U of TX in Austin majoring in Geography with an emphasis on Urban and Regional Analysis and minoring in Architecture. Im halfway through my junior year, and next semester Im going to be starting research on my honor's thesis, so I'll probably be buggin the crap out of everyone looking for info :-D

Other stuff: Well, Im a musician...but who in Austin isnt? I play guitar in a band and we're decent. Im into the music scene here...mostly what is officially called indie punk/emo...but man everytime some one talks about music in that genre it sounds terrible. Other than that....I work on my own car, which is fun and I turn 21 in december! :b:

I guess thats more than anyone wanted to know...but i typed it anyway!

-Adam
 

SGB

Cyburbian
Messages
3,388
Points
26
Good day, and welcome!

Nice to have you out of lurking mode.

Remember: Most of this is just an illusion. We are really all accountants.
 

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Messages
2,713
Points
24
FueledByRamen said:
...Im into the music scene here...mostly what is officially called indie punk/emo...but man everytime some one talks about music in that genre it sounds terrible. .....


What is the EMO of which you speak?

Is it similar to EBM (electronic body music)? Spell it out! :)
 

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
7,419
Points
34
Yes, when Texas planners rule the world! Mwahaha!

Hey bud-

Happy to see another central Texas planning student! I'm right down the road at Texas State getting a BS in Urban & Regional Planning through our Geography department with a minor in Public Admin! I'm a Senior and working an internship right now, looking to grad in May.

Post often and feel free to pick the "throbing brain of Cyburbia"
 

FueledByRamen

Cyburbian
Messages
449
Points
13
Wow....a board of post whores or really bored people??? Ha

Emo--coming from the word "emotion" VERY NOT electronic. usually of a slower tempo but still with a punkish feel. So called bands that I like include: Saves the Day, Jimmy Eat World, The Weakerthans, etc.

Suburb Repairman--where are you working?
 

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
14,048
Points
58
Welcome, from Chi.land!!

the midwesterners still rule the roost!
 

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
7,419
Points
34
FueledByRamen said:
Suburb Repairman--where are you working?

I work for the City of Bulverde, which incorporated in 1997. Bulverde is a suburb (hence the name) about 14 miles north of Loop 1604 on US 281 north of San Antonio and has a pop of about 5,000. We're anticipating astronomical growth once our water infrastructure is in place; I hope it takes a while because our land use regulations need some serious work. I was a planning intern this summer, and now work as a part-time planner on Tuesdays & Thursdays. They're planning on hiring me full-time when I graduate as their first planning director (even though I'll be the only planner :p ) My main job has been working with consultants on the city's first comprehensive plan. I've also written a couple of ordinances and do staff recommendations on the usual stuff. We just got a GIS too, so I'm working on implementation of that.

FYI- I'm also President of the SPO at Texas State and work as a Senior Resident Assistant on campus.
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,623
Points
34
FueledByRamen said:
Im currently a student at the U of TX in Austin majoring in Geography with an emphasis on Urban and Regional Analysis and minoring in Architecture.

Ok this is one of the funniest intros in a long time. Welcome Adam. And since Mike D hasnt asked yet, and since you're in Austin have you bagged either or maybe both of the Bush twins? Both at the same time would be cool, but dont feel that you need to brag.... :) Maybe after you turn 21 you can pick em up in the bars.
 

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Messages
4,473
Points
25
FueledByRamen said:
A little about me: Im currently a student at the U of TX in Austin majoring in Geography with an emphasis on Urban and Regional Analysis and minoring in Architecture.

-Man this sounds like a personal ad: (JOKE Coming up, lets keep the humor people):)

Rumpy Tuna's P.A.
Well lets get it on, I'm currently a student at the University of Crackton, majoring in Rock Climatology with an emphasis on Urban Warfare and a minor in Home Ec. (cooking rock in the kitchen). Currently seeking 8 foot Female crack smoking tuna....

ouch
 

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Messages
18,313
Points
44
Re: Re: Capricorn, 6'4" Turn Ons: ....

Rumpy Tuna said:
-Man this sounds like a personal ad: (JOKE Coming up, lets keep the humor people):)

Rumpy Tuna's P.A.
Well lets get it on, I'm currently a student at the University of Crackton, majoring in Rock Climatology with an emphasis on Urban Warfare and a minor in Home Ec. (cooking rock in the kitchen). Currently seeking 8 foot Female crack smoking tuna....

ouch

And your turn ons and turn offs??
 

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Messages
4,473
Points
25
Re: Re: Re: Capricorn, 6'4" Turn Ons: ....

RichmondJake said:
And your turn ons and turn offs??
turn-ons-
Oh, you know, long hits off the crack pipe, cooking in the kitchen.......Paige Davis

thats me peeking out from behind the tree!!!

turn-offs Hansen, rubbernecking, cheap rock, loose undies....
 

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Messages
386
Points
12
HEYYYYY fellow Austinite!!! I'm from Austin originally and I'll be moving back there in less than a year, I can't wait!! I graduate in May and I'll even be attending UT for a Masters in Architecture. Give my love to the city!
And welcome! I've learned so much just being a part of these forums....and heard some good jokes too.

Hope to see you around!
Jessie
 

FueledByRamen

Cyburbian
Messages
449
Points
13
Re: Re: Capricorn, 6'4" Turn Ons: ....

Chet said:
have you bagged either or maybe both of the Bush twins? Both at the same time would be cool, but dont feel that you need to brag.... :)

Never seen her actually (singular, the other goes to Harvard) but from what Ive seen....well, lets just say Austin has a better selection than that ;)
 

Jen

Cyburbian
Messages
1,704
Points
26
Welcome

Soooo an EMO fan are ya? My favorite line::


Bully: Why I'm gonna mop the floor with your face!
Emo: Oh yeah, well you'll have a hard time getting in the corners!!
 

Habanero

Cyburbian
Messages
3,241
Points
27
Nice to have a Longhorn around. Like SuburbRepairman I graduated from Texas State. Do you think you'll be playing any around Christmas time, I'll be in the area and wouldn't mind checking out your music.
 

FueledByRamen

Cyburbian
Messages
449
Points
13
Habanero said:
Do you think you'll be playing any around Christmas time, I'll be in the area and wouldn't mind checking out your music.

Um, we're playing on Nov. 24th, but thats the latest date that I know of. We'd love you to come see us!
 

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Messages
6,377
Points
29
Welcome!

You will find a good number of fellow geographers here.

Oh yes and this is a nut ward on the net ;-)
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
Welcome to the worlds largest group therapy session for planners. From a southerner in exile in Pennsylvania.
 

Rem

Cyburbian
Messages
1,523
Points
23
Welcome. Please be advised that at 6'4'', you may have exceeded the Cyburbia height limit. Habanero will conduct a full examination prior to finalising your membership nomination. Don't be alarmed, I'm told she always warms her hands and instruments first.
 

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Messages
2,549
Points
25
Welcome aboard! I assume your name comes from the Fueled By Ramen record label? You will find quite a few punk/indie people on here as the topic of music comes up often.
 
Messages
5,352
Points
31
Repo Man said:
I assume your name comes from the Fueled By Ramen record label?

I figured it had something to do with that collegiate food staple that we all know and love - Ramen Noodles. ;)

BTW, Welcome! :)
 

Habanero

Cyburbian
Messages
3,241
Points
27
Rem said:
Welcome. Please be advised that at 6'4'', you may have exceeded the Cyburbia height limit. Habanero will conduct a full examination prior to finalising your membership nomination. Don't be alarmed, I'm told she always warms her hands and instruments first.

Nah, as long as he's not a midget I'm not scared... although 6'4" is a little on the short side in my little world. :)
 

FueledByRamen

Cyburbian
Messages
449
Points
13
Repo Man said:
Welcome aboard! I assume your name comes from the Fueled By Ramen record label? You will find quite a few punk/indie people on here as the topic of music comes up often.

Hey! awesome, someone got it! Yeah, Jimmy Eat World is one of my favorite bands, as is Fall Out Boy. And Ive listened to Less Than Jake for a long time.

Rock on!
 

nerudite

Cyburbian
Messages
6,544
Points
30
FueledByRamen said:
Yeah, Jimmy Eat World is one of my favorite bands, as is Fall Out Boy. And Ive listened to Less Than Jake for a long time.

Rock on!

The Pietasters is their best band IMHO... Skank on!
 

Jeff

Cyburbian
Messages
4,161
Points
27
You bang any of the Bush chicks yet?

It'd be pretty cool if you did, it be even cooler if you had pictures, it be really really cool if you had em both with pics.
 

FueledByRamen

Cyburbian
Messages
449
Points
13
96 Pontiac Firebird....old but trusty, and pretty quick too! The only things that have broken on my car (besides from people running in to me) is the water pump, but that was just this summer.
 
Top