• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Caption Contest - 04 February 2004

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Dean changes his name to "Bass-o-Matic" in hopes of drawing the nostalgic 1970's SNL voter

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Dean awaits the Throbbing Brain of Cyburbia to invent a euphemism relating to killing salmon ;)

boiker

Cyburbian
"Democratic hopeful, Howard Dean, raises a salmon over his head after stunning the fish by shouting the names of states at it."

OKLAHOMA!!! SOUTH DAKOTA!!! ARIZONA!!!! ARIZONA!!!! ARRRRIIIIZZOOOOONAAA!!!!!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
EWWW!! Smells like Lieberman. Fishy.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Accident or Publicity Stunt? Dean exposes naked fish on national television during primary half-time show

donk

Cyburbian
Taking a cue from Lyndon Johnson, Dean throttles his pet fish to the delight of the media junket.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Choking the Chicken of the Sea

all apologies to Jessica Simpson and Jerry Seinfeld

Bunabayashi

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
In one smooth breathtaking movement, Presidential candidate Dean withdraws the salmon 'Excalibur' from its block of ice, signifying that by Divine Right he should be King....

nerudite

Cyburbian
Seriously short of campaign funds, Dean tries to anger PETA to whip up a new media frenzy.

Tom R

Cyburbian
fish

Due to funding problems Dean launches with his "scaled back" campaign.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Dean makes an example of the corporate giant Halibut-on for their overcharges in Irag service contracts

BKM

Cyburbian
I'm not clever enough to come up with a headline of my own, but I think bunyabashi wins this round! :)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
...withdraws the salmon 'Excalibur' from its block of ice, signifying that by Divine Right he should be King....
But Dean can't wield supreme executive power because of some fish

Mastiff

Gunfighter
After a rousing game of "smiles" with the locals, Dean notices the media have snuck onto the scene and whips a salmon from beneath the table, exclaming, "Ha ha! Fooled all of you! It's not a young campaign worker... It's just a fish!

(If you don't know what "smiles" is... well, I ain't getting into it.)

Tom R

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
After a rousing game of "smiles" with the locals, Dean notices the media have snuck onto the scene and whips a salmon from beneath the table, exclaming, "Ha ha! Fooled all of you! It's not a young campaign worker... It's just a fish!

But it's a salmon, not a sucker.

otterpop

Cyburbian
After another disheartening showing at the polls, Howard Dean takes a part-time job to get busfare to his next primary loss.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Dean: "To prove my dedication to this campaign, I will now commit hara-kiri with this salmon. HAAAAIIIYYYAAAAUUUGGGHHHH!"

oulevin

Cyburbian
Campaign cash low, Howard Dean resorts to noodling for tonight's fundraising dinner...

michaelskis

Cyburbian
To show that he can be a great leader, Dean tries to tame the wild by catching a fish with his bare hands to feed the village. His first try was unsuccessful, but the second time, he was able to get hold of the beast, and raise it over his head. The village then laughed and pointed before a little girl from the crowd came forward to inform him that the fish is already dead.

YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Rem

Cyburbian
Dean: Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat. Nothing up my sleeve. Oops, wrong hat.

boiker

Cyburbian
oulevin said:
Campaign cash low, Howard Dean resorts to noodling for tonight's fundraising dinner...
[immaturity on] hehehe....noodling [immaturity off]

i can't believe people are willing to do that.....for sport!?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Have you forgotten about the Monty Python "The Fish Slapping Dance"

oulevin

Cyburbian
:-D Noodling is the sport of catching fish with "No hook, no bait, no fear". You basically wade in river and go for it. It's supposedly outlawed in most states with the exception of four states including Oklahoma, where the Okie Noodling Tournament attracts "noodlers" from around the country...

Rem

Cyburbian
JNA said:
Have you forgotten about the Monty Python "The Fish Slapping Dance"
Yes (shame on me) :-$

oulevin said:
:-D Noodling is the sport of catching fish with "No hook, no bait, no fear". .....
Ooooh - like a grizzly bear. Fair enough and thanks.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Dean's last speech ever:

"I want to be the candidate for southern, redneck fishermen with confederate flags on their boats . . . no, I mean . . . I want to be the candidate for lazy minority fishermen who don't even speak English. . . wait, . . . I want to be the candidate for dumb bible-thimping fishermen. . . I mean . . ."