• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Caption contest, 05-05-2004

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
When he did his site visit to the garage, Roger noticed that they were a bit short on stacking spaces, and encroached into the right-of-way--from approximately thirty feet up.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
"Well... The signal says it's okay to walk. Maybe it's sculpture?"

SGB

Cyburbian
With the skyrocketing costs of parking spaces in Boston, the sale of one-third ownerships was innevitable - and unfortunate.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Car threatens to commit suicide unless owner stops singing along to Billy Joel CDs.

biscuit

Cyburbian
After consuming two cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon, while sitting through a 24 hour Dukes of Hazard marathon, Bill Coleman of Marietta, Georgia found out the hard way that no matter how much he wished it his 1997 Honda Civic was in fact not the General Lee.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Roger Collins, a local, self-loathing accountant, (seen in the foreground) is displeased with the "professionalism" of his valet service.

He was later heard mumbling that he would write a letter to somebody about this.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
biscuit said:
After consuming two cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon, while sitting through a 24 hour Dukes of Hazard marathon, Bill Coleman of Marietta, Georgia found out the hard way that no matter how much he wished it his 1997 Honda Civic was in fact not the General Lee.
You got to this before me. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw that pic was "Dukes of Hazzard"

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Georgia reconsiders issuing drivers' licenses to women.

/turns and runs

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
The Bekker Law Offices. See, we really are Johnny-on-the-spot!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I think they're taking this "hybrid" thing a bit far, don't you?

boiker

Cyburbian
Anyone see "The Simpsons" when they went to the 50's retro diner.

to quote Marge Simpson: (giggles) a Cadillac coming out of the wall!? Whatever!

---------------------------

Repo Man

Cyburbian
"Jim decides that this was the last day he would park his BMW in the Ford employees garage"

plankton

Cyburbian
...I'm certain your ordinance allows eaves to overhang into the setback area this far.....

AubieTurtle

Cyburbian
Katie wanted to be sure that she parked her car somewhere that she'd be able to easily find it.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Doc Brown, going on incorrect information supplied by the Assessor's Office, slams into a building that was built two years earlier than indicated. Marty McFly and Dr. Brown were treated at the scene and released, but the flux capacitor was damaged and will need repairs.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Mastiff said:
Doc Brown, going on incorrect information supplied by the Assessor's Office, slams into a building that was built two years earlier than indicated. Marty McFly and Dr. Brown were treated at the scene and released, but the flux capacitor was damaged and will need repairs.
1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!!!!! :-0 :-0