• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Caption Contest 10-28-03

el Guapo

Capitalist

Through the use of time-travel technology we are able to see what it looks like exactly 2.5 seconds before the rapture and the second coming of our Lord and Savior.

Rem

Cyburbian
Wal Mart's new bonfire sales section draws interested onlookers. City Planning officials complain "it's too big".

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
\/\/@£-MÅRT ï§ têh OWNED!!!!1!!!!!

(i 4m 7337!!!!!!1!1!!)

donk

Cyburbian
someone has taken my joke about solving land use conflicts with bouncing burning tires on halloween a bit too seriously.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Wal-Mart's X-treme SALE! 90% off on everything that's not burned, 99% off on anything half burned. For every purchase get a free charcoal merchandise!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Wal-Mart has finally opened a store in the one place most planners feel it belongs - IN HELL!!!!

...or...

Wal-Mart finally has a good 'public safety, health, and welfare' reason for the size of their buildings. New Wal-Mart slogan: "We will shelter your homeless, huddled masses, and give them the lowest prices in America"

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Wal-Mart

"The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!!! We don't need no water, let the motha... burn!!! Burn motha... burn!!!"

Despite my "caption contest" reply, my heart and prayers go out to those in California! :h:

H

Cyburbian
Those janitors weren’t illegal, their paperwork was destroyed in the forest fire, yeah, that’s the ticket. :-D

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: Wal-Mart

Big Easy King said:
"The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!!! We don't need no water, let the motha... burn!!! Burn motha... burn!!!"

Despite my "caption contest" reply, my heart and prayers go out to those in California! :h:

257goldenelguapo.jpg

BEK
For outstanding work in the field of planner satire I am proud to present to you the Golden El Guapo Award.

Speach!

Speach!

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
My victory speech

el Guapo said:
257goldenelguapo.jpg

BEK
For outstanding work in the field of planner satire I am proud to present to you the Golden El Guapo Award.

Speach!

Speach!

Thank you. I'm so honored to win the esteemed Golden El Guapo Award. I'd like to thank my betrothed, Planderella, my parents, all Cyburbanites (past, present, and future), and myself. Of the Cyburbanites, I especially express my appreciation to El Guapo for producing this great contest and Mike D. for being the original pimp. ;-) :D

Oh, a special shout-out goes to Cyburbia for disrupting me from doing actual work and to the those in California.

Long live Cyburbia and it's GREAT to be THE KING!!! :D

Jeff

Cyburbian
Yup....

You should see what them damn tree huggers did to the Home Depot down the street.

After developing every open space known to man on earth, Walmart decides to become the first big-box retailer to develop on the sun. The store reported record sales for it's grand opening.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Uh... Hold on a second, Pete. I think I've reconsidered. I'm heading back to Strickland to get my propane and propane accessories from Hank Hill...

(For people who haven't seen King of the Hill... forget it.)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Mastiff said:
Uh... Hold on a second, Pete. I think I've reconsidered. I'm heading back to Strickland to get my propane and propane accessories from Hank Hill...

Ahhhhhh, very good grasshopper!

16 points for the relatively obscure primetime cartoon reference.