• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Caption Contest - 19 May 2004 #2

Dragon

Cyburbian
I’d like to see some captions for this picture. Poor kid.

Last edited:

Seabishop

Cyburbian
New FHA study shows that use of "love handles" significantly increase motorcycle safety.

otterpop

Cyburbian
U.S. government crash test experts are recommending that motorcycles be fitted with airbags for small children. However, safety engineers unanimously agree this does not qualify.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
[arguing to each other] "Why do I have to wear this helmet, its not going to prevent any injuries." "Yes it will too help prevent injuries, its not like wearing a top hat." [arguing to each other]

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Leonard, a Ph.D. from Stanford, had done all of the research. Knowing the equation of r(v) = (h2/u) / 1+ e cos v = p / 1 + e cos v, and the combined mass of his wife and himself, he could calculate the escape velocity from their orbit.

Sadly for his young daughter, he was 67.418 kilograms short of pulling in the motorcycle he'd always dreamed of having...

SGB

Cyburbian
I didn't see the kid either! :-c

Caption: "No matter what he tried, poor Jimmy Babson just couldn't rid himself of the memory of that body odor after that 90 mile ride with Mom and her new boyfriend."

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Not a caption but can you legally ride such a small kid on a motorcycle when he'd need to be in a car seat in a car? Despite dad's belly, he'd still get really hurt in a crash. :-@

Dragon

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
OMG!! I just noticed the kid!!! Poor kid! :-c
:-D That is why I mentioned it above the picture. The poor thing is hard to notice. :-c

Caption:
Family quality time is overrated.

el Guapo

Capitalist
From the Neighborhood Association's Web Site:

Del Boca Vista's Cojoined Triplets Karen, Little Dewey, and Lee-Harvey Brubaker set out for a Summer's day ride. Little Dewey, the physically underdeveloped triplet seen in the middle of the siblings is the head of Nasa's Space Flight Telemetry Center in Bonaventure. Karen is a full time day care manager in South Patrick, and Lee-Harvey (his dad was a devout Nixon-Republican) is the sales floor manager at Indianola Chrysler-Jeep-Hundai-Komatsu. The triplets are excused from compliance with the Florida Motor Vehicle Code by a special act of the Florida Legislature and Governor Bush. A suprising fact that many people do not know is that the triplets all have different biological fathers.

AubieTurtle

Cyburbian
Florida discovers too late that having "Bring your daughter to work day" and "alternative transportation day" on the same date is a really bad idea.