• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Caption Contest: 2004-02-24

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member

No, I don't want to "party" with you and your husband, Ma'am!

Last edited:

Budgie

Cyburbian
This is not a caption. But I think this picture was taken at Trafailgar Square in London. I've slept on the stone stairs on the left side of the picture, right after seeing Faith No More at the Marquee Club.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Budgie said:
This is not a caption. But I think this picture was taken at Trafailgar Square in London. I've slept on the stone stairs on the left side of the picture, right after seeing Faith No More at the Marquee Club.

Off-topic:
I don't think so. Trafalgar Square is quite large and the plaza in the pic looks too intimate (reads: buildings across street too close to plaza)

Trafalgar square:

(I could be wrong though)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Budgie said:

I don't think it's Trafalgar Square - AFAIR there is no retail immediately surrounding the square like that (other than some touristy shops on the southwest corner)

My caption:

30 years on, some Hungarian-English phrasebooks are still in circulation. "Would you like to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy?"

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Tranplanner said:
My caption:

30 years on, some Hungarian-English phrasebooks are still in circulation. "Would you like to come back to my place, bouncy bouncy?"

"My nipples explode with delight."

Last edited:

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Cynthia Nixion, the actress famous for playing Miranda on "Sex and The City" finds herself turning tricks outside Burger King after failing to land any movie or TV roles.

Budgie

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
Off-topic:
I don't think so. Trafalgar Square is quite large and the plaza in the pic looks too intimate (reads: buildings across street too close to plaza)

Trafalgar square:

(I could be wrong though)

You're right, I meant Picadilly Circus. Sweet image. Nelson's column, the Mall going under the arches, the fountains everyone skinny dips in on new years. What you don't see is the thousands of pigeons feeding in the square.