• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Caption Contest - 26 May 2004

Seabishop

Cyburbian
John Kerry reaches out to the coveted 2-10 year old age bracket. Kerry said "if these kids can convince their parents to buy them thousands of dollars of video games and junk food every year, they can convince them to vote for John Kerry."

OT: Every Spongebob viewer knows that he would never be involved in a political protest. He only protested Mr. Krab's work policies because Squidward told him too. I've watched way too many cartoons over the past few years. :-D

Floridays

Cyburbian
As Bob fully absorbs the impact of the war on Iraq, passerbys are heard to mutter, "Oh, just suck it up, Bob."

(absorbs...sponge...suck it up...get it?) :-\ (ok it was pretty bad.)

otterpop

Cyburbian
After years of trying to reach Dubya, those opposed to the war decided to have their message come from someone the President admires and trusts.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
The Orlando Sentinel has made a decision to not show subsequent pictures taken by a staff photographer, in which popular cartoon character-turned activist Spongebob Squarepants expired after leaving the ocean and becoming dehydrated. It was felt that these graphic photos could disturb young readers.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Protesters called in SpongeBob for the big protest thinking that maybe the president would get the message if he heard it from another spineless, simple organism. ;)

otterpop said:
After years of trying to reach Dubya, those opposed to the war decided to have their message come from someone the President admires and trusts.
This sounds like a winner to me!! :-D

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
nerudite said:
Protesters called in SpongeBob for the big protest thinking that maybe the president would get the message if he heard it from another spineless, simple organism. ;)
otterpop said:
Blatant partisan jabes, blatant partisan jabes (need a finger pointing emoticon), I'm telling NHPlanner on you two. ;-)

Last edited:

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
mendelman said:
Blatant partisan jabe, blatant partisan jabe (need a finger pointing emoticon), I'm telling NHPlanner on you and otterpop. ;-)
But...it has a " ;-) "....so I don't take it seriously. :p

Since when have I become the "political police?" lol

NHPlanner said:
But...it has a " ;-) "....so I don't take it seriously. :p

Since when have I become the "political police?" lol
[pure BS] Well, as an expectant father, we figure you are obligated to be out to protect everything that is PC. :-D [/pure BS]