• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Caption Contest 3/4/04

michaelskis

Cyburbian
After their first night of heavy drinking at Band Camp, the freshman trumpet section realized that the idea to match for the rest of the weekend would not make them the coolest section… So they where reduced to sitting on the sidelines, watching the Drum Line do it’s thing!

Last edited:

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Contestants in the new reality show "Who Wants to be a Planner" decide they are not cut out for the work and stress so they decide to protest with a sit in.

biscuit

Cyburbian
The James Madison High School MathCounts! team relaxes after a hard afternoon of competition, upbeat about their victory over Altadena High, but still slightly discouraged by the fact that they'll never be as cool as the kids in Odyssey of the Mind.

boiker

Cyburbian
The aftermath of uncontrolled walking areas. The School district has pledged to paint a four-lane "walkway" through the grass area to prevent future "pile-ups"

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Voiceover: Long hard day of drinking cheap high alcohol content wines and spirits? Well, don't just lay down quietly... Follow up that nasty gulp with a cool clean spash of pure spring water. It makes all the difference in the world.

Dasani... Chaser choice of "brown baggers" everywhere.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
New Heaven's Gate recruits practice for "the metamorphasis"

Kid in the middle - "Should I be suave and say so you girls wanna get it on? or maybe I should ask who wants to be first with the Jeffster or maybe . . . to hell with it, I'm sure they'll all just be friends no matter what.

otterpop

Cyburbian
Deanites, discouraged by their candidate's freefall, contemplate throwing their support to political spoiler Ralph Nader.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Mmmmmm, this crappy grass feels good between my toes. You guys should try it!

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
The "Picked Last in Gym" club decides to take up a more menacing presence, closer to the athletes. "We're hoping that if they actually see us, they may think to pick us. We're tired of being scorekeepers and ball wranglers," bemoans Geoffrey Freeman, center.