• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Caption contest: Friday 12 March 2004

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
A giant zoning code consultant monster destroys another helpless and hapless small community.

Workshop meetings - AAAAHHHHHHH! Run, Run!

Last edited:

oulevin

Cyburbian
Live Action Peanuts

The Peanuts gang grows up in this live action reunion show...Marcie grows up to be an urban planner. She lives in Vermont with Peppermint Patty...

SGB

Cyburbian
[nightmare role playing scenario]

Ok, now everyone on the right side of the room: you get to be be big box retail development consultants.

Everyone on the left, you get to be the Town Council of Hicksville, USA. You have no zoning or site plan review code. They are proposing a 4,000,000 square foot commercial project off a local road with no public water or sewer. And, by the way, it's located on prime agricultural soils. Your comprehensive plan was last updated in 1972.

I now call the public hearing to order!

[/nightmare role playing scenario]

el Guapo

Capitalist
Planning Council Sergeant at Arms, six time Garden Vista Village Realtor of the Year and former Braniff Airlines Senior Sky-Hostesses, Tammy Vanderhoulfensen delivering the Zoning Hearing Safety Briefing: "...In case of a forced landing at sea your may use your chair cushions as flotation devices. The exits are located there and there. If a plan doesn't meet minimum setback requirements the captain, excuse me, the Chairman will come on the PA system and address those of you sitting in first class, I mean the front row. This hearing serves peanuts. Those of you with a peanut allergy might already be dead by now..."

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
"Wal-Mart! Ooga booga! Scared you, didn't I?"

"Please don't leave ... hey, wait ... want to hear about floor area ratios? Somebody?"

"Brigid Goldenwand, AICP and level 4 wizard, casts a +6 magic missile on the Planning Commission."

Dragon

Cyburbian
Dan said:
"Brigid Goldenwand, AICP and level 4 wizard, casts a +6 magic missile on the Planning Commission."
LOL......and here I would have guessed Fireball.

otterpop

Cyburbian
"I'm Zonna, the Planning Magician. For my first trick I will make the public process disappear. ABRACADABRA!"

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Billy Fucceillo's sister took up a job reviewing site locations for Wal-mart.

"The environmental and traffic impacts, and economic impacts to your town will be HHHHUUUUUUUUUUU
UGGGGGGGAAAAAAA
"

michaelskis

Cyburbian
[Planning commission meeting]

“ALRIGHT now, I am the resident, what I say goes because I pay my taxes. Now… I have a sign for the Brothel / Petting Zoo business. Each letter is going to be flashing colors and about this big. Any questions?”

[/planning commission meeting]

Budgie

Cyburbian
She needs to do a design charette on her make up, hair and outfit.

Urban Planner from DPZ on the next episode of extreme makeover - Miami.

Monkeying Around With Mendelman

:u: I'm 'ape' over you Mendelman, wanna 'monkey' around?

Golden Rule: Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. Silver Rule: Do others before they do unto YOU!

Love they neighbor as they self, just don't get caught