• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Car Poll: Volkswagen Tuareg

Volkswagen Tuareg?

• A breakthrough design that will cement Volkswagen's place as the finest car manufacturer on the plan

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Bring back the Microbus!

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Cyburbian
Not sure if it's a full SUV or a hybrid SUV, either way I'll pass.

The Jetta is where it's at in their offerings!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Tore - Eg

Gimme my $50.00

edit: As a member of the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America, I think this is a shame. A pandering to the Trixie-married-Chad and we outgrew the Jetta and Passat....

I've owned 4 VW's:

1972 Super Beetle
1971 Beetle
1962 Karmann Ghia
1961 Beetle

Some day I'll have the 29 window Kombi. In the mean time, give me back the '62 Kharmann Ghia that I bought on eBay from Newport News, and sold 2 years ago dammit.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Chet said:
A pandering to the Trixie-married-Chad and we outgrew the Jetta and Passat.....

Are we trolling, Chet? :p

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I like the way that it looks. Actually, I like the way most VWs look, especially the Passat.

How much is it going for?

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Its a little pretentious but not bad. I'm starting to look for something with more room than a typical sedan.

donk

Cyburbian
price tag is $34 500 (USD) and up.

http://www.vw.com/touareg/

I'll be keeping my jetta(1994) for a while longer, just turned the odometer over (300 000 km).

I think I'll be driving this car into the ground.

El Feo

Cyburbian
Well when I look at it ZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.....

Wha?!! Sorry! Something boring put me to sleep.

martini

Cyburbian
I like it actually. Just waiting for the desil(sp) version to hit stateside in the next few years.

Better'n the fvckin' Hummer....

biscuit

Cyburbian
I hate to admit it but I kind of like it myself. We're going to be going to a one car family next year after the wedding and who knows...this may be the one (My fiance really likes these things).

Good grief! I think this city living is slowly turning me into a Chad. Last night I was shopping at IKEA and this morning I'm professing my desire to drive a VW. May God have mercy on my soul. I need to right away go eat some collards and drive a tractor around to save myself.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
I like them, too, but heard they are pretty expensive. VW is trying to go after a more affluent market now due to the success of the Passat and SUVs in general. If this makes me a Chad, oh well, I knew that already.

BKM

Cyburbian
Given that Volkswagen is BARELY above Korean "tin cans" in reliability and long-term quality (J. D. Powers),

MY trolling answer would be "Who cares? It'll spend its time in the shop, anyway" :)

Nemesis

If only they would bring back a retro Thing. All the old ones I lsee are rusting out,as did the bugs they were based on. Great lime green beach cars though. If they imported the European diesel for the Toureg that would be an awesome vehical.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
It looks like an oversize Passat. That's either a good thing or a bad thing, I guess. I've got a diesel Golf (50 mpg!!!) and have crammed a fully-loaded wheelbarrow, a week's worth of luggage, and a grandmother (no, not like National Lampoon's Vacation, she was in the front seat) into it with room to spare, all on the same trip. So I guess I have a hard time understanding why people need such gargantuan vehicles, even well-designed ones, when our roads keep getting more and more congested.
Bring back the Interurban, is what I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.