• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Celebration Time

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
:b: Our County is celebrating its Silver Anniversary today. Yep, 25 years of zoning and subdivision regulations. How old are yours'? :eek:|

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
First version adopted in 1948, but the City didn't get serious about it until 1958 with a major overhaul and adoption of subdivision control ordinance, so let's say 45 years.

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
Planning commission first met July 1926. Authorized $920 for consultant to prepare zoning ordinance. Adopted zoning in April 1927. Kansas was known as progressive at that time.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
We formally became a Town in 1719.

We waited until 1962 to start zoning and subdivision regulations though. ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Valdivia was (first) founded in 1552, first planning efforts around the late 1800s, and I doubt that there is actually active planning right now.

Rem

Cyburbian
First County plan (Northumberland County District Planning Scheme) 16 December 1960.

First Local Plan (Lake Macquarie Local Environmental plan 1984), 19 April 1984.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Last city plan that wasn't followed, 1970's. Next time they'll listen, never until I get into office. Rumpy Tuna 2005.

tsc

Cyburbian
the oldest Zoning Ordinance in our County is 83 years old.

The first planning commission was started in 1915... making it 88 years old.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Rumpy Tuna said:
Rumpy Tuna 2005.
Dude, where's the bandwagon? I'm jumping on that bad boy provided your campaign promises involve beer and lesbians.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I would say the majority of our Zoning Ordinance has been updated in the past 10 years. We just finished updating the Zoning Ordinance which hadn't been updated since the 50s. I still think it should be re-done, as everyting is a conditional use, making it a pain in the ass for simple reoccupancies.