• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Celebrity Nostalgia: Where in the World Is...

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
...Dennis Rodman?

A couple of weeks ago, while watching the Detroit Pistons barely beat the Philadelphia 76ers, I realized how much I missed Dennis Rodman, his look, and his antics. He was oftentimes the perfect antidote for a world that, at times, seemed rather ordinary and boring. I missed him. Although he was a dork when he played for the Pistions, his whiney and extreme nature while playing for San Antonio, Chicago, and Los Angeles showed he was a man living on the edge! Thank god for the New York Times!

"Dennis Rodman, one of the greatest basketball players of all time, lounges in a chair on the patio of his oceanfront home in Newport Beach, Calif. After multiple hues and shades, Rodman's hair is back to its original black, although it's now permanently brittle. Jeans and a long-sleeve T-shirt advertising Josh Slocum's, a restaurant and nightclub nearby that he co-owns, obscure the tattoos. For his entire adult life, Rodman has vacillated between sweet child and self-destructive adolescent. At the moment, the teenager seems to be dominating. The seven-time National Basketball Association rebounding champion and onetime Jean-Claude Van Damme co-star seems giddy and a little incoherent..."

SGB

Cyburbian
I have found little beyond his basketball abilities to admire in Rodman. I'll even admit to taking a certain pleasure in his downfall.

I read the article in the NYT, and find it astounding that he doesn't even know who is hanging out at his beachfront home. His current life story reads like a train wreck about to happen.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Yes, he is a train wreck. He was a great talent, but threw it all away. I will miss him, however.

donk

Cyburbian
My favourite rodman moment is when he was found wandering around the palace of auburn hills with a loaded rifle. i think it was in 92 or 93.

On the WITWISDR front, maybe he is hanging out with our noted world traveller in such exotic locations as....

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Planderella said:
He's like the Rick James of the basketball world.
I went to a Rick James concert once. Talk about feeling *really* white... "Look y'all! A white boy... You figure he thought there was a hockey game in here tonight?"

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Skippy From Family Ties

Remember Skippy from Family Ties? He was in love with Mallory. How touching. Now, Justine Bateman has a new TV show called "Out of Order." Oh brother! How many episodes will this last?!

Let us remember Skippy during this period of sadness.