• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Schools: Canada 🇨🇦 Chances of getting accepted for Masters in Urban Planning? (Canada)

ZGuard

Hi guys, I just graduated last semester with a Bachelor's in Applied Geography from Kwantlen Polytechnic University in BC. I plan on applying to do my masters in urban planning, with the goal of becoming an urban planner one day, and I want to know what my chances are of getting into the following programs:

Simon Fraser University: Masters in Resource Management (Planning)
Vancouver Island University: Master of Community Planning
Dalhousie University: Master of Planning

My overall undergrad GPA is 3.10 (due to a subpar first and second year). However, my GPA during my final two years of university - or the last 63 credits completed - is 3.41. My GPA of only third and fourth year courses is 3.36.

With my GPA, do you guys think I have a decent chance of getting into the above schools, or getting in anywhere for that matter? Also if anyone went to any of the above schools please let me know; I would appreciate any info/advice for my application. Thank you! :)