• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! Cheers!!

Kathie_WE

Cyburbian
Great forum!!!

A little bit about me --

I am a 2nd year MCRP student at MSU in Baltimore. After working in community - economic development for 6 years, my husband encouraged me to return to school to get a much-wanted planning degree. The focus of my studies is on sustainable development, growth management, and sprawl's impact on the culture and environment. Last month I started working on my thesis last month, which is a case study about Lancaster County, PA's land use management practices and sustainable development strategies. Next step -- find a planning job so I can start paying my share of the family the bills again!!!

CHEERS!

Kathie

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Hey, stay dry. And tell your husband that no matter how much you'll make he'll still be paying the bills. ;)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Welcome, Kathie. A word of caution. Now that you have found this board, you will find yourself spending a lot of time here with the "working" planners.

SGB

Cyburbian
Welcome from southeast central New York. Or someplace close to it.

- -
Now playing: Joe Jackson - Greatest Hits

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
A big, sloppy "Welcome" from the Great Lakes!!!

(Great Lakes Rule!!!!!)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Kathie_WE said:
Last month I started working on my thesis last month, which is a case study about Lancaster County, PA's land use management practices and sustainable development strategies.
You shouldn't be hurting for literature. I imagine you'll be siting alot of Tom Daniels' work.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Kathie_WE said:
Last month I started working on my thesis last month, which is a case study about Lancaster County, PA's land use management practices and sustainable development strategies.
Welcome!!!

When you said MSU, I was thinking Michigan, and then I noticed Baltimore...

If you want to see a truly dysfunctional city, drive the extra 30 miles into Berks Country and the City of Reading!!!

Lancaster is an amazing place.

Kathie_WE

Cyburbian
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! it's great to be around people who "get it".

Couple responses --

First, MSU is Morgan State University -- a small close knit program.

Next, yes Lancaster is an amazing place!!! Its been a lot of fun talking to all these people who value their land, community, and heritage! I worked in economic development in York, County and you'd think the two counties were miles away instead of right next door!! Have already been introduced to Tom & will be interviewing him sometime during the process.

Finally, Shhh don't tell my husband I won't be making the BIG money after school.... he might want me to go back to work early.

CHEERS!

Kathie

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome to Cyburbia from another community economic developer / long-range planner / sustainability advocate.

LouisvilleSlugger

Cyburbian
Greetings Kathie!!! Great to have you here. I just finished up my MUP degree at the U. of Louisville. I have been interested in sustainable urban development myself especially considering how Louisville and many other cities in this neck of the woods have sprawled out so far!!!! there is a tremendious amount of ecological damage going on as a result, as well as other not so hot dynamics. anyhow, welcome aboard!!!!

Valentin

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Welcome from Reston, VA. Plannergirl and I have been looking to meet some of our fellow Cyburbanites from the area, so yay! a new person.