• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Cherry Blossoms in DC

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Just in case you guys always wanted to see the infamous Cherry Blossoms in DC.

1255CBF_3_April_2004_078-med.jpg

1255CBF_3_April_2004_038-med.jpg

Mod Note: Fixed gallery links for ya

Last edited by a moderator:

Elisabeth

Cyburbian
Those are great shots! You're making me miss my former home...now I need to plan a road trip! :-}

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Thanks. They are much prettier in person.

I put these up just in case that those of you who are coming to DC for APA miss them in person, they can at least see them. They are definitely worth seeing at least once in your lifetime, but the crowds are horrible.

SGB

Cyburbian
Visiting the nation's capital with my family during the cherry blossom season is definately on my list of things to do!

Thanks for sharing those photos!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Very nice pics TN. I assume that's your little one stuffing the cherry blossom into his mouth in the first one.

You're right about it being crowded, but the blossoms are beautiful and spring is by far my favorite time of year to visit D.C.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Very nice....Mac seems to be enjoying the blossoms a bit more than he should though. ;-)