• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

CHET takes a Cybatical

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Folks -

Due to an dramatic budget shortfall, and the resulting change in staffing at work this past week, I have been largely absent from the boards. (I still have a job. ) After everything shook out I originally checked and posted, and sometimes even moderated, from home. The past few days I have not even been able to do that due to short term workload associated with restructuring a 7 member department into a 5 member department, consolidating work functions, consoling coworkers (many which are dear friends), and trying to be the Great Motivator to pick up and move on.

I expect in 4 to 6 weeks we'll be transitioned - productively if not personally - and perhaps then I can return to participate on the Boards.

Until then, au reviour (that was for Big Easy's voice for my avatar)

Cheers friends,

Chet

nerudite

Cyburbian
Sorry to hear of your office woes. Take whatever time you need (and it will give the rest of us the chance to try to catch up to your post count!)... hee.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Should we take bets on how long he can actually stay away? Chet may be able to stay away during the workday, but some night he will get drunk and lonely and come crawling back. He may just lurk at first, then he will probably log in and log out really quick, then a post or two, then he's back posting 6.17 per day.

Just kiddin Chet. Looking forward to possibly seeing you, Budgie and Cardinal on Tuesday. Good luck with all the changes there.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Good luck dealing with the changes, and my best to those that had to be let go. Take your time....we'll manage fine until you get back. :)

Have a couple on me... :b: :b:

H

Cyburbian
See you when you get back to the boards. Good luck straightening things out.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Check in every once in a while and say "hi" to all your Cyburbian friends. Good luck with the transitions - I'm headed in the same direction, I'm afraid.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Good luck with everything there. Hey, a perfect excuse to stay would be a thread about how to deal with restructuring!

Good luck to Prudence too.

donk

Cyburbian
Sorry for asking about Prudence's job in my PM.

Good luck and hopefully there is the political will to recognize the importance of people's jobs and the services they provide.

SGB

Cyburbian
In my best Beverly Hills Hillbillies accent (sorry hillbillies):

"Y'all come back now, ye hear?"