• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Chinatown Philadelphia

Hello, I am a Temple University student doing a project on northward expansion development of Chinatown above North Street. I was just hoping you organiztion could give any information on development trends by the Chinese community to move Northward. This info would be of great help.
-Donnell T. Zeigler

jlendo

hey im also a Temple student, im a urban studies major, i just got done my freshman year so i cant help u just yet. i glad to see a plan to make chinatown larger.

jresta

Cyburbian
i wish i had seen this 2 years ago. The Chinese community made some inroads north of Chinatown but the Vine St. Expressway, the old rail viaduct, and all the warehouses around Spring Garden St. made it too difficult.

If you want to see where the community is growing follow the old couples and kids to the 47 bus on 8th St. and watch where they get off. Mostly around Snyder Ave. is my guess.