• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Chipotle

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Read the thread title. Now say it out loud. How did you pronounce it: chee-poht-lay or chi-pohl-tay? I hope for your sake you chose the first, because that it how it is both properly written AND pronounced. That's right read it again. Please note the T comes BEFORE the L, not the other way around. Because only gap-toothed drooling morons say it the second way. And you're not one of them, right? Good. Glad to hear it.

Still don't believe it? Hear for yourself .... Chipotle

Now that you know better, cut that sh** out!

Image result for the more you know

DVD

Cyburbian
Chi-pot-el

Because I'm not seeing the H Maister is referring to.

zman

Cyburbian
When my cousin moved to Denver from Cincinnati, she would call it "Cheap-hotel" for a while. Wasn't sure if she was trying to coin a nickname, or just mis-pronouncing it.

Planit

Cyburbian
It's not near us and in a very inconvenient area to drive. I just head to Moe's instead.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I say it like "chee-poht-lay" but honestly you might as well just call it "garbage". All those places that sell those types of burritos suck. Chipotle, Moe's, anything like that. The burrito is so full of stuff that it just tastes like a soggy giant mess of nothing. Maybe the bowls might be better, but they are like double the price of the 10 pound burrito so why even bother buying them? Moe's is the only one that's reasonable because they have that awesome salsa/hot sauce bar.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
This is tolerable in my view, because at least you have not transposed the T and the L. And that's the important thing.
We have one. I've been there a couple of times. It's ok, but if I'm in the mood for Tex-Mex, I'll go to some other places in town.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
It's not near us and in a very inconvenient area to drive. I just head to Moe's instead.
It's a food destination of last resort for me. To many real Mexican places around to mess with that stuff.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Chi-polt-lay.

When I lived in Denver, Chipotle was still a local chain, and I lived a few blocks from location #6 or #7 -- something like that. I know people say chains get worse when they expand -- "It's not as authentic, maaaaaan." In my experience, any Chipotle location I've been to has been just as good as I remember from Denver in the early 2000s. They were always stingy with the beef and chicken, though.

Yeah, it's not real Mexican. They're not tryng to be. It's a fast casual big burrito joint, and it doesn't try to pass itself off as "authentic" Mexican food lovingly slow-cooked by Mexican abuelas. It is what it is.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
There are a freaking billion of them on the Wasatch Front: Chipotle, Barbacoa, Cafe Rio, Costa Vida, Bajios, and it seems like more every week. Oh, I almost forgot the latest: El Mexiquense. That's right. You read that right.

I've now listened to google correctly pronounce it several times for fun. I'd like it to be my ringtone.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Oh, I almost forgot the latest: El Mexiquense. That's right. You read that right.

I've now listened to google correctly pronounce it several times for fun. I'd like it to be my ringtone.
I have no idea how to actually read that.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Aaaaah, but you are technically correct. Very good catch.